We’re hiring a full-time temporary Accountant!
The Accountant role is a critical role within our finance department, providing financial accounting to the credit union and its subsidiary.
The Accountant position performs a variety of duties relating to corporate accounting and treasury support. Key responsibilities of this role include assisting in preparing financial reports, accounts payable, processing, GL reconciliations, accruals, allocations, balancing organization general ledger accounts, and daily cash flow forecast. This position will also provide support to Accounting Administrators.
- AP, AR and month end duties
- Preparing AP runs, including communication with management and vendors
- Allocating expenses and reconciling suspense accounts
- Daily cash flow analysis and communication of treasury details to management
- Timely delivery of financial statements and other reports
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of full cycle accounting
- Strength in overall verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Learning and working within various systems and technologies
- Strong proficiency in Excel
Experience & Education:
- Preferred minimum 3-year experience in accounting
- Some treasury experience an asset
- CPA student 1st or 2nd year desired
Qualified applicants should identify how their skills and experience match our requirements. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Aldergrove Credit Union is a financial service cooperative located in the heart of the Fraser Valley. We proudly offer personal and commercial banking, insurance and financial planning solutions to our members and clients in the communities of Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford and Mission. Our Credit Union has approximately 120 staff serving 17,500 members and operates six branches, three insurance offices, and three financial planning offices. The strength of our Credit Union is a direct reflection of our commitment to our people, service to members, and growing our communities. For more information, visit www.aldergrovecu.ca.