Commercial Account Manager
An exciting opportunity exists, for an experienced Commercial Account Manager to join our team. ABCU is a full-service open bond Credit Union. Assets $265 million, loans $197 million, deposits $243 million, staff of 35. At ABCU Credit Union Ltd. (ABCU) our culture is based on our passion to be financial professionals dedicated to doing what is right for our credit union and our members.
The Commercial Account Manager is a member of the commercial team that delivers personalized advice to commercial and agricultural members, and plays an integral role in the growth of new commercial business opportunities which promote profitability. This role manages a portfolio of small to medium sized business commercial loans and deposits. Their sales targets encourage meaningful conversations with members that ensure they have the right product and service at the right time. The Commercial Account Manager understands business and knows products, policies, and legislation. This includes, but is not limited to: development of business for current and potential members, recommending modifications to policies in response to new or changing circumstances; proactively building and developing a network of positive relationships by creating a strong connection with the wealth services team, retail branch network, local business owners, and members of the professional community with ease and to foster an environment of financial success.
· Responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies to retain, manage, and grow a profitable portfolio.
· Works independently to generate credit and deposit opportunities.
· Represent ABCU, build relationships, and proactively build business in the communities we serve.
· Be an expert and have a proven track record of business development, relationship building, and portfolio management.
· Respond to all members, team, and partner enquiries promptly, and proactively providing professional, friendly, competent, and courteous service at all times.
· Respond to all portfolio member complaints with follow up on issues/opportunities as required, ensuring member complaints are handled in accordance with our service standards, escalating issues when necessary.
· Have superior knowledge of Commercial banking and the industry, and be a leader with your own personal learning and development.
· Achieve or exceed assigned sales and referral goals in your individual commercial portfolio. Be a leader in referrals to internal partners – with a focus on wealth and retail, as well as other channels as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Ten or more years’ job-related experience, with a minimum of five years of progressive lending and commercial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven sales experience, sales and pipeline management.
· Understanding of marketing and business development.
· Experience working and developing relationships with members, potential members, and the community.
· A combination of post-secondary education and work experience will be considered.
Interested candidates please provide a cover letter, salary expectations, and resume to:
Janavi Corson, ABCU Credit Union
ABCU Credit Union thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: This position will remain vacant until a suitable candidate is identified.