We have an excellent opportunity to lead a team of financial professionals and deliver world class client service in one of our unique Financial Spas™.
As the Branch Manager, you hold overall accountability of branch operations to ensure growth, profitability, employee development, service and operational excellence. Your business acumen and leadership skills drive the success of the branch and the financial well-being of our clients.
Our General Manager role has opportunities to work on corporate projects and initiatives that will grow your career beyond the branch. Our head office is local, so if there’s something at that next level you want to pursue in the future, the options are available.
Employee Type: Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Job Category: Management, Client Service and Sales
Location: Burnaby Branch
Key responsibilities of this role are:
- Provides exceptional sales and service leadership to branch staff to ensure effective branch operations and successful sales and service to clients. Effectively manages to the BlueShore Financial Spa™ experience
- Develops, implements, and manages annual business plan goals and objectives to achieve branch growth and profitability. Manages to the annual branch operating budget
- Manages direct reports (including Financial Advisors and Manager Financial Services); participates in the recruitment and selection of new staff; develops individual objectives to meet branch/department goals; evaluates staff performance using performance management system; initiates salary reviews as required; recognizes and rewards employees; takes corrective action as required
- Proactively coaches (through group and one-on-one sessions) and develops employees to assist them in achieving career success and growth. Provides development opportunities for staff through various sources including learning sessions, internal and external training, and education courses. Ensures each employee has a learning plan in place and results are achieved
- Authorizes penalty waivers, fee waivers and the like, within established limits, in order to balance retention, growth and profitability of the branch. Makes recommendations for approvals above prescribed limits
- Approves loans and mortgages within assigned lending limits. Coaches, reviews and recommends all credit deals flowing through branch. Works with senior credit managers for approval of loans above assigned limits
- Establishes individual and team sales, service and financial objectives with branch staff ensuring these are understood and results achieved. Regularly reviews objectives and initiates coaching where appropriate
- Dotted line supervision of Business Advisors, Wealth Protection Specialists and Investment Advisors. Oversees the “quarterback model”, ensuring partners are brought in appropriately and client relationships are developed and served according the established business model
- Reviews all financial plans written by the financial advisors and assists in ensuring financial plans offered are holistic and comprehensive
- Works on corporate projects and initiatives assigned, including committees and Enterprise Wide Project Plans
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field or diploma in a related field plus additional experience
- 7-10 years’ progressive experience in financial services industry
- 5 years leadership/management experience
- Personal Financial Planner designation (PFP®)
- Mutual Funds or Canadian Securities Course
- Solid understanding of investments and mutual funds
- Branch Compliance Manager
- Expert understanding of credit
- Solid experience in leading and participating in corporate projects and initiatives
- Solid understanding of products, service offering, policies and procedures
- Solid understanding of people management and coaching
What can BlueShore Financial can do for you?
- Opportunities to work on projects that impact the entire organization
- A Performance Reward Program which pays a variable cash reward program recognizing the achievement of corporate, team and individual goals
- Opportunity to work in a world class, award winning organization
- Continuing education assistance
- Comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses, pension, flexible benefits.
What BlueShore Financial needs from you:
- Accountability, in all directions
- A proactive, self starter with a “Can Do” attitude
- The desire to lead a team to excellence
- Goal-oriented and driven to meet objectives
Be Richly Valued. At BlueShore Financial, our employees are as important as our clients. We strive to create a workplace culture of openness, empowerment, trust and passion. Our values unite our organization and are our guiding compass. But it is our exceptional staff that bring our corporate values to life. They are passionate about delivering exceptional client service and a banking experience that promises to impress. And this level of engagement shows. We’ve been formally recognized making Kincentric’s “Best Employer in Canada” list 10 years in a row and as one of “Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures” by Waterstone Human Capital.
From the moment you walk into one of our Financial Spas™, you’ll know you’ve arrived at a special place, where all the elements work together to stimulate the senses and create a distinctive atmosphere unlike any financial institution you’ve experienced. We embrace the west coast lifestyle, while providing a premium and sophisticated experience for our clients and employees. You may not recognize us, but we’ve been serving the lower mainland for over 80 years! But this isn’t the Credit Union of your childhood. We’re different and better.