Vice President-Member Experience
Valley Credit Union, Nova Scotia, is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 55 employees, and over $ 220 Million in assets. Located in Nova Scotia, within the Beautiful Annapolis Valley. Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for Full Time Vice President of Member Experience. The position will be based out of Valley Credit Union’s Head Office located in Cambridge N.S.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice-President, Member Experience is responsible for providing executive-level strategic leadership and direction, as well as being accountable for development and prudent management of the credit union’s lending portfolio. The incumbent plans, directs and controls the lending activities including account administration, credit extension, and business development functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, organizes and directs the asset quality control including, but not limited to, Line of Credit limits; delinquency control; loan loss exposure reduction procedures, and transactional and 3rd party risk. Oversees the completion of credit related reports and ensures quality of applications and documentation.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of the Regional Manager, Member Experience; Manager, Credit Risk; the Senior Commercial Relationship Manager, and the Marketing Manager. Responsibilities include strategic planning, assigning, and directing work; providing ongoing coaching to reinforce positive behaviours and address performance issues as they arise; conducting performance reviews; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Recommends various personnel actions including, but not limited to, rewarding, promoting, re-assigning, discipline or termination.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and monitors loan approval procedures including approval of loans, mortgages, and credit lines; establishment of approval limits for lending personnel; reviewing approved loans for quality and adherence to policy; addressing areas of concern; taking corrective action on potentially deteriorating situations.
- Supervises the activities of the commercial lending function including mentoring senior staff, providing guidance on complex files and key relationships, and engaging with AC Lending Services and CUDIC when necessary. Periodically reviews approved/advanced loans to ensure risk and pricing are appropriate and that adequate security is place and is properly registered and documented
- Coordinates the creation and implementation of Branch Business Plans. Monitors branch progress against established objectives. Provides ongoing feedback, recommendations, recognition as appropriate and develops and implements corrective measures as required.
- Monitors credit union procedures and results in the lending services area and initiatives and/or recommends improvements to advance efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Attends/delegates attendance at Credit Committee meetings and follows-up on items arising from the meetings.
- Promotes the credit union’s image in the community through attendance and participation in community organizations and events. Makes public presentations at events such as schools, colleges, universities, local service groups, job fairs, etc.
- Provides substantive input on the operating budget annually and is responsible for ensuring that the required sales and relationship activities required to achieve it are in place. Monitors results and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Acts as back-up to the President and CEO in his/her absence, excluding matters of finance and operations.
- Adhere strictly to Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AMLTF) compliance
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
The Vice President, Member Experience have successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have six to nine years senior management experience in a financial institution with knowledge of Retail and Commercial Lending, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Must have strong leadership experience.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based initiatives.
- Generous benefit package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer), sick time, personal days and up to 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to: Wellness Credit and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to, Nicole Trentelman, at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-VP-2022
All offers of employment are condition upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application, which includes a criminal records and credit checks.
Valley Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, who embraces diversity, all persons regardless of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or expression, are encouraged to apply. This opportunity is available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.