**Posting Deadline: Please submit your application by 11:59 PM PST, April 30, 2022**
Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for a Financial Consultant to support our Comox Valley Region, so if you’re passionate about improving people’s financial health and have experience with investment advice, including managing stocks, bonds and/or mutual funds, we’d like to hear from you!
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Manager, Private Wealth Group, with a functional accountability to the Branch Manager, as the Financial Consultant you are responsible to contribute to the achievement of growth and profitability targets for Coastal Community by developing/enhancing mutually beneficial relationships with members and clients to promote the advantages that Coastal Community can offer. You will build relationships with existing and potential members/clients to provide advice and solutions of banking, borrowing, saving, and protection based on the unique needs of our members and clients. You are responsible for providing exceptional quality service to members/clients reviewing their current financial information, goals and objectives and working together to create a plan and direction to meet their overall needs. As the Financial Consultant you are also responsible for self-development and continuous learning to maintain and achieve the required knowledge to perform all principle duties and responsibilities.
Your duties will include:
- Proactively developing strong member/client relationships through regular contact providing quality advice and recommendations to ensure members/clients are aware of the Coastal Community’s full product and service offerings.
- Utilizing Coastal Community’s client service matrix and segmentation tools that are within CRM with each member/client.
- Inputting & maintaining all client information into a CRM system to create a permanent record of member/client interactions and discussions and maintain appropriate client documentation.
- Profiling members and clients to determine their personal financial needs based on their life stages and life events and pro-actively act upon the opportunities identified using Coastal Community’s processes.
- Utilizing client advocacy, centers of influence, seminars etc. to proactively develop business.
- Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service to Coastal Community members/clients and to enable the team to capitalize on all relationship building opportunities.
- Assisting members/clients in making decisions about banking, borrowing, saving, and protecting.
- Interviewing clients to determine their financial goals and objectives needed to develop a segmented financial plan.
- Proactively utilizing financial planning software to develop a plan for each member/client focusing on the achievement of their short and long term goals.
- Meeting regularly with each member/client to review their financial situation and make updates and adjustments where necessary following Coastal Community’s Client Service Matrix.
What are we looking for?
- You will hold or be eligible to be IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative in the Province of BC within 9 months of start date
- You will complete all Continuing Education (CE) credits as required and have completed the CFP designation and be a member in good standing within 18 months of start
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry, including 1 year experience in managing stocks, bonds, and/or mutual funds
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Working knowledge of various computer software applications including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and industry specific software; as well as above average organization and computer skills and proven relationship sales ability.
- Familiarity with all Credit Union products and services, a proven track record of identifying and acting upon opportunities, and the ability to refer business to other Credit Union business lines to build client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate in a clear, concise manner is required to transfer information and understanding to members.
- Effective listening skills to and engage members in conversation to understand and identify their immediate financial needs, and provide resolution through sourcing information, matching an appropriate product/service and/or referring members to the appropriate individual to complete their request.
- The ability to multitask with above average keyboarding and internet/computer navigation skills for searching on-line client data and product information while simultaneously conversing with the member is essential to ensure that members receive excellent member service.
- Interviewing skills and the ability to ask probing questions are required, as well as having the flexibility to adapt to each request and move between a variety of member concerns/questions/requests.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!