Peace Hills Trust is Canada’s largest and oldest First Nations owned federally regulated financial institution, and is also Canada’s only independent Trust Company. We employ just under 100 people who serve more than 20,000 personal, business and First Nations customers, providing financial services to most regions of Canada through our network of 8 Regional Offices and electronic services.
Peace Hills Trust is wholly owned by the Samson Cree Nation of Maskwacis, Alberta. The Samson Reserve is situated 100 km south of Edmonton, Alberta. Our Corporate Office is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Head Office is located, on reserve, in Maskwacis, Alberta.
To learn more about our business, visit https://www.peacehills.com/Personal/AboutUs/.
We are looking for an experienced financial services leader to take on the new position of Payments Manager. This is an exciting time in the evolution of payments, and we are looking for someone who can jump into managing our current payments operations and help us grow and scale the payments function. This role reports to the Vice-President Information Services, and will be located at our Corporate Office in Edmonton.
The Payments Manager will provide the vision and leadership for designing, developing and operating payment services for customers and internal operations. Responsibilities include influencing and directing the evolution payment services and operations to provide competitive payment services. The Payments Manager will ensure payments services operate in a reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound way, reflecting business needs and best practices in creating value for the company and our customers.
Some of the specific accountabilities of this role include:
- Contributing to the development of goals, plans and budgets and the implementation of payment services that enable the Company to compete more dynamically and more profitably in an evolving and demanding industry.
- Leading a team of employees that operate payment services, provide customer and internal support and perform centralized administrative services.
- Collaborating with business leaders on emerging payments trends, payments initiatives and the promotion of payments services
- Participating in the analysis and evaluation of staffing requirements to fulfill operational and growth requirements, including the evaluation of outsourcing vs. in-house provisioning.
- Identifying and developing strategic partnerships with key IT suppliers, licenses and contracts, vendors and consultant organizations. Negotiates and manages outsourcing and service arrangements that support the delivery of payments services.
- Managing all aspects of payment services operations for paid items (cheques), automated funds transfer (AFT), wire payments services, bill payment processing, customer automated funds transfer (CAFT) service, debit card issuing and payments, ATM fleet management and operations, Interac e-Transfer, and the Merchant Services program
- Managing all payments documentation and reporting
- Providing risk and compliance management, including identification, monitoring and mitigation of payment risks, managing internal controls, and cooperating with internal risk management processes and external compliance requirements.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
We’re looking for someone with a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, and a depth of experience and understanding of retail and/or commercial banking payments in a financial institution environment, including payments operations.
To be our ideal candidate, you will also have:
- A strong knowledge of financial products and services,
- Experience with foundational payment services (paid items (cheques), automated funds transfer (AFT), wire payments, debit cards), and knowledge and experience with e-transfer, ATM and merchant services would be an asset,
- Project management and process improvement leadership experience,
- Sound planning, prioritization, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to analyze and evaluate information from multiple sources and find solutions to complex problems,
- Well-developed oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills,
- Strong initiative and customer service orientation and the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders and service providers,
- Demonstrated strengths in people leadership, coaching and development.
- The chance to make a big impact in a small organization, and to collaborate with leaders across the business,
- Opportunity for advancement, and to grow the payments team,
- Competitive compensation package and benefits,
- Relocation support for moving to Edmonton, AB if required.