Create your future with SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive salary and benefits package, along with perks such as our employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Commercial Producer, you will actively manage and develop a portfolio of commercial accounts and ensure businesses are covered for risks facing their operations. The Commercial Producer undertakes a variety of business development activities to build the commercial portfolio. This includes problem solving customer concerns to ensure retention of business and servicing customer accounts by identifying additional business opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all duties associated with the development, servicing, and retention of commercial accounts
- Profile clients to identify current and future needs, provide comprehensive insurance advice, prepare quotes, and sell commercial insurance to both new and existing portfolio of clients
- Develop and manage an active pipeline of qualified prospects
- Work on multiple coverage lines including commercial property, commercial general liability, business owner’s policies, commercial packages, commercial auto, directors and officers coverage, employment practices liability, errors and omissions, inland marine, and bonds
- Meet with customers both in and outside of the office as necessary in order to build relationships, identify coverage needs, and make basic risk management recommendations
- Utilize negotiating skills to find creative insurance solutions for complex risks
- Respond to emergencies and assist customers with their claims while adhering to the appropriate follow-up procedures, ensuring accurate claims servicing
- Provide guidance to other Insurance employees as required
What you’ll bring:
- A Level 2 General Insurance Agent’s License, and a minimum of a CAIB, CIP, or FIC designation and eligibility to act as Nominee
- A minimum of five years personal and commercial lines experience
- Comprehensive understanding of all lines of insurance products, wordings, exclusions, and errors & omissions; familiarity with risk management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of all insurance products (including specialized or niche products), services, and regulatory requirements
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and agency management systems
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have demonstrated results orientation in both sales and service
- Possess business development and relationship building skills
- Have a clear understanding of the industry, market conditions, and competition
- Have strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Are committed to continuous learning and self-development
- Have access to transportation and willingness to travel within the SASCU community
This position is full-time, Monday to Friday. It is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and community-minded individual to expand their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.