Columbia Valley Credit Union (CVCU) is a member owned financial institution in Golden, BC, serving members since 1955. With $190 million in assets, we serve our 4,500 members according to our guiding principles:
- Serving members is the primary purpose of our existence.
- We provide exceptional, customized service.
- We act with integrity and sincerity.
- We never stop learning.
- We continuously innovate.
To learn more about our credit union visit https://www.cvcu.bc.ca/.
CVCU is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our organization, CEO, Board of Directors, and our members. This is a permanent position, with the opportunity to work remotely and in our office in Golden, BC.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant is a member of the credit union management team, contributing to our success in achieving organizational goals. This role is primarily responsible for providing efficient and confidential administrative support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as performing other administrative duties related to the human resources and payroll functions of the credit union.
Some of the specific accountabilities of this role include:
- Maintain the CEO’s calendar and appointments, applying diplomacy and good judgement in managing requests of the CEO’s time.
- Ensure the confidentiality of privileged or sensitive materials related to the CEO office and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare reports, correspondence and presentations for the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Work closely with the CEO and Chair of the Board to prepare Board meeting agendas and maintain the Board’s annual calendar of activities, including the scheduling of Board and committee meetings.
- Coordinate and plan the annual general meeting, strategic planning session(s), business planning meetings and other Board and branch-related activities as required.
- Attend Board meetings, take minutes, and distribute minutes and meeting packages.
- Coordinate travel and accommodations for Directors and track Board expenses.
- Maintain all personnel records related to attendance, vacation pay, benefits accruals and payments, and provide administrative support for payroll purposes as needed.
- Support the CEO with employee performance planning activities and other human resources initiatives, as well as ensuring human resources policies are kept up to date.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
We’re looking for someone with relevant post-secondary education and at least 5 years of related experience in a financial institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
To be our ideal candidate, you will also have:
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures, business machines, and computers, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with experience in drafting correspondence, taking minutes, and writing reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff, members and Board of Directors in an effective and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to type with reasonable speed and accuracy and to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to make independent decisions, with sound judgement, and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times, supporting and promoting changes within the organization.
- Understanding of credit union operations, with a commitment to the credit union philosophy and vision.
- Chance to make a big impact in a small organization and contribute to the success and integrity of the business
- Competitive compensation package and benefits program
- Opportunity to be a part of an organization that gives back to the community through credit union services and initiatives