Grand Forks Credit Union (GFCU) is a member owned financial institution in Grand Forks, BC, serving over 8,000 members since 1949. Our assets exceed $275 million and we offer our members full service financial needs including chequing accounts, demand and term deposits, personal mortgage and business loans, and many other services offered by banks and brokers. We are owned and controlled by the very people who use our services – our members. At GFCU, we have a values-based banking approach. That means we operate with integrity, we celebrate innovation, and we work to make a meaningful difference for our members and our community – every day.
Grand Forks is the perfect backdrop for families and retirees, with a strong commitment to healthy living, affordability, and great quality of life. Located between the Okanagan Valley and the Kootenays, our community is surrounded by fresh, pristine water from the Granby and Kettle Rivers and is nestled in a breathtaking and unique east/west running Valley. Grand Forks offers it all – to learn more, please visit:
We are looking to hire a Branch Manager – reporting to the CEO, who will be directly responsible for effective day to day operations, thinking strategically, planning for today, and envisioning future opportunities that align with the Credit Union’s strategic goals and corporate vision. The ideal incumbent is a leader who drives forward results and success, and brings a leadership presence and core values that will influence, motivate, and inspire our people.
- 5+ years management experience providing retail and commercial loan, deposit, and wealth management services preferably in a Credit Union or banking environment.
- University degree in commerce, business administration or related field, or completion of the CUIC Management Studies Program.
- Proven proficiency in the development and implementation of sales and service strategies and tactical plans with sales leadership and coaching experience.
- Strong understanding of change management principles and excellent time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, meet deadlines, and exercise sound judgement.
- Previous experience managing in a unionized workforce environment.
- Candidates with a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Partner with the leadership team and organization to ensure successful execution of corporate strategy with emphasis on the member experience, financial performance, and operational excellence.
- Be a leader and role model focusing on the retail branch sales, service, and support teams to deliver outstanding member service and growth while seeking continuous process improvement
- Foster a positive work environment where employees are inspired, coached, encouraged, motivated, and developed to achieve their individual goals and corporate strategic objectives.
- Own and manage effective day to day operations, overseeing quality work standards, internal and external audit standards, and regulatory compliance, achieving sales targets within a member centric environment.
- Provide consistent focus and direction of the organization’s objectives, establishing milestones and benchmarks for success, celebrating accomplishments while effectively communicating and sustaining the vision and values.
- Act as advisor in your areas of expertise while participating in a variety of related activities including but not limited to strategic and operational planning and budgeting, human resources development and enterprise risk management.
At GFCU you have the ability to bring your ideas and express your opinions in an industry where change and innovation is constant. As an employer, GFCU provides challenging and innovative work, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity for professional career growth.
We believe our greatest asset is our people and we work hard to support and empower them. If you are a team player, goal-oriented and looking to build a career in the financial services industry, we would like to hear from you!
Grand Forks Credit Union is an equal opportunity and living wage employer. Only applicants who are legally entitled to work in Canada can be considered for employment. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.