Commercial Account Manager
We are an engaged, high performing commercial team with exponential growth and lots of untapped potential. We are looking to recruit a dynamic contributor. If you thrive in a fast passed work environment and want to be on the ground floor of something special, with lots of opportunity for career growth you are the right person to join our team. We support work/life balance with competitive salaries, incentive pay, great benefits and a workweek that includes a half workday on Wednesday.
Talka Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with assets of over $180 million. We are financially strong and are on a high growth curve. It is our Mission to provide a trusted financial environment to our membership wherever they are and whenever they need us, while promoting social and economic support to our community. Our Vision is to stay true to our co-operative heritage and Talka strives to be the preferred choice for our members’ lifetime financial needs.
In the role of Commercial Account Manager, you will use your knowledge and experience to provide value added expertise to our growing commercial portfolio by:
- Building relationships with both new and existing members and networking with external business organizations and individuals to generate new business supporting the responsible growth of our commercial portfolio.
- Coordinate/lead our annual review process to proactively manage the risk and profitability of each member’s account including monitoring of problem accounts and working with team to set plans to minimize risk.
- Coordinating the collection and analysis of financial and personal net worth statements; calculating debt servicing capacity; and, negotiating terms and conditions of loans.
- Granting commercial loans, mortgages, and operating lines of credit for business purposes within lending limits; submit recommendations for credit above limits to the VP Credit and Compliance.
- Providing direction to commercial lending admin staff.
- Assisting with the preparation of the budget and business plan as it relates to commercial lending.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the growth and business development of the commercial portfolio. Build relationships with existing members; network with external business organizations and individuals to generate new business. Identify and pursue opportunities to promote other business services and non-credit products; review current portfolio to ensure clients have proper banking products. Ensure a proactive approach is taken to retain current business.
- Monitor the competitive environment for product and delivery trends; stay current with competitive product trends and emerging technologies.
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures, lending reports, and related/developing technology.
- Analyze loan requests using established lending criteria to safeguard member deposits and the viability of the Credit Union while supporting growth objectives. Collect and compile information and analyze financial statements to assess credit worthiness. Ensure necessary regulatory and compliance guidelines and measures are followed. Grant credit within lending limits.
- Assist with the processing of syndicated loan applications as requested.
- Review commercial overdraft report daily, and take appropriate action where required and deal effectively with commercial overdrafts and delinquency.
- Monitor and update the commercial member watch list and make suggestions for action as appropriate.
- Conduct reviews of commercial accounts, including margining as required.
- Review lending reports and take corrective action as required.
- Ensure documentation is in-compliance with commercial loan policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of credit union (or equivalent) lending courses in commercial lending
- University Degree or work equivalency
- 3 plus years of experience in CAM role
- Thorough understanding of commercial credit and proven ability to weigh risk
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including demonstrating approachability, trustworthiness, flexibility and a strong work and service ethic
- Proven relationship management and sales effectiveness skills – able to identify member needs and match appropriate solutions
- Understands markets and trends in the industry
- Demonstrates results orientation in both sales and service
- Thorough understanding of the Credit Union’s business strategies
- Thorough understanding of the Credit Union’s products and services
- Committed to continuous personal improvement
We offer a caring environment, complete training and opportunity for career satisfaction.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, please apply in confidence, to: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Talka Credit Union is committed to providing accommodations.
If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.