Mobile Mortgage Specialist – Hamilton area
We invest in people.
Be part of a banking experience as unique as you are. Tandia Financial Credit Union (Tandia) is seeking a talented and experienced sales professional to join our retail team.
Are you a self-starter, focused on exceeding sales targets and providing incredible client service? Do you have proven sales success in the financial services industry? Are you an expert in the specialty areas of lending and mortgages?
This might be the role for you.
This position will be based in our beautiful new corporate office in Burlington, Ontario with a focus on growing the Hamilton area.
Your Work at a Glance
As the Mobile Mortgage Specialist, you will utilize your knowledge as an entrepreneurial mortgage professional to drive new mortgage business to Tandia. You will prospect new memberships, build relationships and provide customized borrowing advice.
This base plus commission position is key to growing Tandia’s lending portfolio, and achieving Tandia’s annual sales goals.
Your knowledge of the markets and communities we serve, as well as industry knowledge and experience will assist you as you identify and assist in developing opportunities for personal banking solutions and services with branch and wealth partners.
You are able to successfully build and manage internal and external relationships.
You are a self-starter, a sales professional who works independently, with a high-achievement orientation.
Your enthusiasm for the credit union sector and our mission will be evident when you create value for the credit union teams by conducting regular information sessions and holding meetings promoting the mobile mortgage option.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed a degree / diploma in the field of Business/Commerce, Finance, Economics or has equivalent work experience.
- Has a minimum of 2 years experience in credit writing and residential mortgage sales in a credit union or other financial institution.
- Has a minimum of 2 years of relevant sales experience and a successful track record of working in sales independently.
- Possesses superior sales abilities, including active listening, identifying business opportunities, influencing and negotiating, asking for the business and more.
- Is able to work well independently, while enjoying the opportunities to work in a team-based environment.
- Is detail oriented, with strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Has well developed presentation skills.
- Is proficient using Windows and very comfortable with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Is willing to work variable hours, including evenings and weekends to meet with members at their convenience; and is comfortable with the regular travel and a base + commission salary structure.
- Is aligned with Tandia’s vision and values and demonstrates a desire to be a contributing member of our team, support a positive work environment that promotes service and commitment to the credit union, quality, innovation, integrity, and respect.
As Unique as You
We believe that financial institutions should be more accountable to the people they serve; we believe that there’s more than one way to measure success; and we believe that our profits should have a positive financial, social and environmental impact on the communities in which we live and work. Actions speak louder than words and we work hard to demonstrate our commitment each and every day.
At Tandia, we recognize that our staff and members are unique – and that matters to us.
As a credit union, living the co-operative principles is a part of our long and rich history.
We invest in our members and our communities with an extensive community investment program devoted to supporting the organizations, events, and volunteers that make our communities stronger.
Tandia is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration. Tandia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request by contacting Human Resources.