Position: Executive Vice President (EVP), Member Experience
Location: Head office located in Peterborough, Ontario or geographic area for Kawartha Credit Union. Hybrid working model is supported.
Reporting to the CEO, the EVP, Member Experience will lead and oversee the retail, wealth management and commercial businesses with responsibility for the end-to-end member experience across all channels. The key objective of this role is to grow the business while ensuring excellence in member service, strong channel capabilities, competitive products and services, as well as achieving optimal efficiencies in all areas of the business.
The scope of responsibilities for this position covers the entire network of Retail Banking Branches, Wealth Management and Commercial businesses, including Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Contact Centre, Product management and overall member experience.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, develop and manage the execution of strategic plans.
- Development of, in cooperation with the CEO, the Executive Leadership Team and the Senior Management Team, the business strategy, objectives and goals for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Commercial business and Channels.
- Recommend short and long-term strategies to maximize member value.
- Recommend member engagement strategies to deliver on our purpose to support the financial success and well-being of our members.
- Develop sales & service strategies to grow membership and share of wallet, while delivering an excellent member experience.
- Develop products and services to meet the needs of members to grow membership and share of wallet.
- Develop our channel capabilities in conjunction with our technology team to deliver an excellent member experience.
- Recommend annual and long-term business objectives against which to measure business performance, including branch targets, employee targets and annual budget.
- Responsible for executing the retail banking, wealth management, commercial, and channels strategic plans and performance, including financial performance against annual and long-term performance targets, and compliance with statutory requirements, Kawartha’s by-laws, and Board approved policies.
- Leadership of the branch personnel, channel employees and direct reports, ensuring a capable, highly functional leadership team with the trust and respect of employees, earned by superior decision making, communication skills and a demonstrated commitment to Kawartha’s success.
- Optimize member engagement through development and implementation of programs to build member engagement, and by fostering an environment that encourages superior levels of service delivery at every member touch point.
- Ensure high levels of employee engagement by delivering consistent and strong people leadership through effective communications with employees, ensuring employees understand Kawartha’s strategies and goals, and to align employee activities with strategic priorities.
- Develop robust service and sales management practices consistent with Kawartha’s values and culture, resulting in targeted growth in portfolios, membership, share of wallet and channel adoption, while appropriately managing risk.
Key Success Factors:
- People Management
- Developing and Coaching Others
- Integrity and Sincerity
- Customer/Client Orientation
- Role Expertise
- Strategic Approach
- Problem Solving
- A minimum of ten years of progressive Financial Services industry experience with at least five years at the senior executive level running multi-branch retail, wealth and commercial businesses and managing high performance advice and service teams.
- Credit union experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading the development of effective strategic business plans and programs in support of business objectives.
- Experience in developing strategies in a multi-channel environment to support members’ needs while delivering an effective and efficient end-to-end business.
- Proven track record of leading people, developing, and implementing major organizational and operational change initiatives in a timely manner, including the determination and establishment of appropriate and meaningful metrics.
- Must be able to read/interpret Financial Statements and take appropriate action based on financial performance.
- Travel within the province and to branches will be required on a regular basis.
- Meetings with members are required on a regular basis.
- Must live in Kawartha Credit Union’s geographic area (Muskoka to the Kawarthas, and from Cobourg to Cornwall, with our head office in Peterborough).
- A hybrid working model is supported primarily working in head office and branches, or remotely as needed.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the financial services industry with a dedicated, enthusiastic team of professionals in a growing organization that supports an inclusive barrier-free recruitment and selection process, please forward your resume outlining experience, qualifications, and salary expectations referencing “21-PC-87” to:
At Kawartha Credit Union diversity and inclusion are reflected in our core values and highlighted in our care for others. We take pride in providing a workplace that appreciates difference and encourages respect. We are committed to providing a culture that is accessible and inclusive for both our members and employees. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let a member of our Human Resources team know.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kawartha Credit Union but will only be contacting applicants that have been selected to move forward in the recruitment process. If you are selected, we will contact you directly.