Senior Business Analyst
First Nations Bank of Canada (www.fnbc.ca) is a federally chartered bank servicing Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers throughout Canada. We are focused on delivering superior customer service and offering a full range of personal and business banking products. As an equal opportunity employer, we are rapidly expanding in the Canadian marketplace and provide our employees the opportunity to advance in their career.
First Nations Bank of Canada is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with a disciplined approach in supporting, maintaining, and implementing business applications, data and business intelligence, and banking and payment systems, all while working towards continuous improvement in the support and development of business processes. This role requires solid team collaboration while working in a complex environment.
Location: This position is a Monday through Friday work week and has the option to be based in Saskatoon Head Office or one of our branch locations with the flexibility to work remotely, in the office or a hybrid of the two.
- Implement and maintain business and banking applications
- Be a subject matter expert with business applications, banking and payment systems
- Understand and translate business requirements into business enhancements
- Analyze, recommend, and promote change driven by business need
- Develop and maintain process and procedural documentation
- Provide support in business intelligence/reporting needs of the organization
- Prepare detailed specifications, use cases, workflows, and other supporting documentation for the development of business improvements and enhancements
- Provide tier 2/3 end user support
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Here’s the background and skills we think will make you successful:
- Experience with core banking systems (preference to Fiserv DNA)
- Experience with digital banking system (preference of Member Direct/Forge)
- Demonstrated experience implementing business applications
- 6 years of experience in financial services industry and 3 years of experience in business analysis
- Ability to prepare detailed specifications, use cases, user stories, workflows, and other supporting documentation for the development of modifications and enhancements
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and are able to build professional business relationships within, and outside the organization.
- You possess a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and teamwork
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying complexities, priorities and timelines
- Experienced in data analytics, reporting, and SQL query. Familiarity with Lodestar or similar platform would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of API integration (Rest, SOAP)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Demonstrates a passion for delivery excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to grasp abstract concepts
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- You are a continuous learner
- Collaborative and friendly approach
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.