You’re invited to make a difference… as a Senior Financial Analyst.
At Kindred Credit Union, you will be part of cooperative banking that connects values and faith with finances, inspiring peaceful, just, and prosperous communities.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the primary focus of this full time role is to interpret and apply legislative and regulatory requirements to ensure the credit union maintains compliance within the areas related to Finance. The application of this legislation and regulatory requirements is in the form of the calculation of key financial metrics (capital, liquidity, and securitization ratios) and preparation of monthly and annual reporting to the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA), Kindred’s provincial regulator. In addition, to contribute expertise and analysis to support finance department responsibilities relating to budget, treasury, and financial/cost analysis.
- Prepares monthly and annual reporting to regulator (FSRA), including calculation of key financial ratios including capital, liquidity, and securitization.
- Performs complex accounting analysis (i.e. IFRS9 ECL analysis).
- Provides support for Foreign Exchange relating to the Treasury function
- Supports the annual budget with analysis, in collaboration with the Director, Finance.
- Contributes expertise in financial analysis in support of project work and business cases.
- Leads response to requests for data from regulators on behalf of the credit union.
What to bring
With an accounting designation and industry experience, you bring your analytical mind and attention to detail to your work. A strong collaborator, you possess strong communication and relationship building skills and enjoy partnering with others to build solutions and address emerging needs. Finally, you bring an active commitment to Kindred’s shared values and purpose.
Plus, you bring your qualifications and experience:
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- A professional accounting designation
- 4-6 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within financial services
- Experience with regulatory bodies is a definite asset
You will be part of a collaborative workplace where you’ll be asked to participate in the business and share your voice. You’ll be expected to continually grow your skills and abilities and to share your expertise and experience with colleagues. For many roles, we offer flexible and remote options that we can discuss with you.
We believe that your life is bigger than any job, so we’ll work together to achieve work-life quality and to care for your overall wellness. And of course, your rewards package includes competitive total compensation plus an array of financial products and services at preferred rates for staff. When you choose Kindred to further your career, you’re joining an engaged workforce at a certified B Corp™ that is committed to using business as a force for good™ and acting as an advocate for a Living Wage.
Ready to choose Kindred? Apply with your resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work for Kindred. Next onboarding is scheduled for August. We look forward to connecting with you!