Lloydminster or Saskatoon, SK
Synergy Credit Union is a people-inspired Credit Union with ambitious goals. We endeavour to deliver amazing financial experiences, earn our customers’ (“members’) trust, grow our relationships, and build sustainable communities.
We exist to help our members achieve their financial goals by understanding their needs and delivering exceptional service in modern, convenient, and secure ways. We empower our members by sharing our experience and tools, so they can make robust plans through each stage of life.
We are seeking a pioneering, collaborative, and results-oriented team member to join us in a brand-new role for our organization. As the Learning & Development Manager, you are at the heart of Synergy’s learning culture. You are responsible for developing and implementing our organizational learning effectiveness strategy, and have a crucial role in the learning and development of our staff.
Areas of responsibility and influence include employee engagement, change management, performance management, succession planning, and learning strategies. This role will lead continuous improvement initiatives that directly impact the employee experience, engagement, workforce planning, recognition, and succession/career path planning. All activities are anchored in accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as psychological health and safety.
This role works closely with our leaders and teams involved with training to advocate for a long-term focus on creating an exemplary workplace culture; and measure the impact and effectiveness of all activities in the pursuit of this focus.
Additionally, you will:
- Perform an end-to-end assessment of Synergy’s learning programs and identify opportunities throughout to ensure a well-rounded talent pipeline and exceptional employee experience.
- Oversee the delivery of ongoing and routine programming, such as products and services training.
- Participate in project intake and discovery processes when a learning or training component is identified to help determine priorities and support the change management a project will typically require.
- Research and monitor key talent and change management trends, providing analysis and recommendations to ensure continuous and responsive improvements.
- Develop and utilize reports and analytics to measure effectiveness of learning and development efforts. Demonstrate alignment to or capture misalignment to organizational goals.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal training content developers and leaders to deliver effective programming across the entire organization.
- Monitor budget and resources to ensure we have the money, time, and climate for maximum effectiveness.
- Develop content or oversee the development of content, including sustainment activities.
- Manage the deployment of platforms and courses, including vendor management.
What you will need for this role:
- A degree or diploma in adult learning, instructional design, or related field (Master’s is an asset).
- At least seven years of experience highlighting a combination of strategy planning, program management, instructional design, facilitation, and reporting. Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must have a strong knowledge of change management. Education in this area is an asset.
- Desire to contribute progressive workplace thought leadership and learning culture.
- Experience with sales environment is an asset, as is experience in financial services.
- Tech savviness and a love for technology.
- Outstanding communication skills paired with thoughtful design and delivery of messages.
- Ability to hold accountability of internal and external partners.
What do we offer?
We were named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for the 5th consecutive year. This reflects our workplace culture and commitment to building relationships beyond banking with our members, and our team. We offer:
- Preferred rates on our products and services
- Benefits and pension, from day one
- Competitive salary
- Investment in your professional development
- Community involvement
If the above describes you, we want to hear from you. Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote competition #226201 in the Subject Line. This position will be posted until a suitable candidate is hired.
- Position reports to the Manager of Human Resources Services
- Hours: 37.5 hours weekly. Permanent full-time.
- This position will be required to travel. Successful candidate must have access to reliable transportation.
(Hybrid Work Arrangement or Remote Work Arrangement considered for ideal candidate)
A little more about us:
At Synergy, our members are owners who profit when we do and who get a say in how we are run. We also live in the communities we serve. This matters to us. We invest locally by offering sponsorships, donations, and scholarships; and through volunteerism. We connect with groups looking to improve overall financial literacy by providing presentations and tailoring them for educational opportunities – for families, schools, youth groups – you name it. We are proud to serve more than 25,000 members and have reached over $2.16 billion in assets.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Synergy aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.
Find out more about us! https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergyCreditUnion