For over 75 years, Prospera Credit Union has been a successful financial institution because of an unwavering focus on meeting the needs of our members, providing fulfilling careers for employees, and giving back to the communities we serve. Westminster Savings and Prospera Credit Union officially merged, January 1st, 2020. We continue to be a purpose-driven organization involved in our communities and a true financial partner to our local business members.
This is an outstanding opportunity to further develop your career in financial services by joining Prospera as a Financial Solutions Manager (FSM), open at multiple branch locations. This is an all-encompassing, customer-facing role that includes lending, investment and cash-related functions, as well as offers tremendous service delivery flexibility to the Branch. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to utilize your customer service acumen, passion for the team and commitment to delivering results!
Other organizations may call this role: Financial Advisor, Senior Financial Advisor, Client Advisor, or Account Manager
If this sounds like something that you’d like to be a part of, apply today!
What you’ll do:
- Maintain high service quality standards, incorporate the strategic selling process in customer interactions, build rapport with customers, and seek opportunities to deepen customer relationships
- Seek opportunities to demonstrate value proposition, uncover needs, and recommend appropriate products, services, and solutions
- Provide lending, investments, and cash-related expertise support
- Develop maintain, and grow the branch wealth management portfolio, including both mutual funds and term deposits
- Interview clients to identify needs and ensure products meet identified needs, demonstrate opportunities to generate sales leads. Refer customers to other lines of business experts as needed, collaborating to ensure a seamless and rewarding customer experience
- Interview clients, analyze current wealth management products and prepare required documentation for the purchase of recommended mutual funds
- Prepare documentation and approve loans within current limits; refer loans above limits or exceptions to branch management or corporate with rationale as to why the loan should be approved
- Ensure consistent follow-up on existing clients and provide ongoing advice and solutions
What you bring:
- 2 years’ front-line, proven sales experience within an operations or financial services environment; must have exposure to retail lending or deposits
- Mutual fund license or ability to become licensed within 6 months of hire date
- Completion of Prospera’s Investment Funds and Strategies course within 12 months of hire date
- Proven ability to uncover customer needs through establishing rapport and listening to the customer
- Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills with the ability to interact with a variety of people
- Self-motivated, outgoing, confident, and sales-oriented
- Detailed knowledge of deposit-related products, personal lending, mortgages, registered and non-registered investments and mutual funds
- Proficient with technology, including banking and Customer Relationship Management systems and Microsoft Office programs
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: All team members are valued, respected, and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives.
Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar.
Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We offer competitive pay, a personalized benefits program, and a generous defined contribution pension plan.
Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We participate in many community-minded activities throughout the year.