**Posting Deadline: Please submit your application by 11:59 PM PST, May 6, 2022**
Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for an AVP, Commercial Services to oversee the operations and strategic direction for all areas of responsibility. If you are looking for a leadership opportunity with a growing team and have strong commercial experience, we’d like to hear from you!
What’s the role?
As the AVP, Commercial Services, you are responsible to provide input into oversight and focus the strategic direction for the Commercial Services Division, while assisting the VP Commercial Services with providing leadership, sales management and coaching, and support to the Regional Managers in all aspects. This includes regional operations, sales and service initiatives, strategic direction, member service and employee relations. You will provide strategic input to the VP Commercial Services in the delivery of sales and service initiatives. In addition, this position is accountable for the achievement of financial goals and targets for the Commercial Services Division, and guiding the Regional Managers to develop supporting plans that drive growth levels that meet or exceed individual Business Centre targets by focusing on high levels of member satisfaction, employee engagement, succession planning initiatives, increasing community connections, business networks, creating opportunities to gain efficiency using shared resources of the region, and overall regional performance.
Your duties will include:
- Participate in the development of corporate strategies, initiatives and policies and identify short and long term goals and objectives for the region.
- Accountable for the overall leadership, supervision, coaching, and development of the Regional Managers and teams for the Division.
- Provides effective guidance to the Regional management group by creating a trusted environment that fosters collaboration and innovation, ensures a respectful, engaging and productive work environment and positive culture.
- Responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of the annual AOPB and budget for the regional area with clearly defined annual objectives that drive member, relationship and revenue growth.
- Responsible for contributing to the development of a workforce strategy inclusive of performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, and retention of talent for the region.
- Responsible for providing guidance on the development and maintenance of an engaged employee culture that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration, diversity and supports achievement of the business goals and increased employee productivity.
What are we looking for?
- Superior knowledge of business lending, deposit policies, practices, procedures and general Business Centre operations.
- Solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region.
- Advanced understanding of credit union operations, principles, and values.
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Minimum ten years of experience managing a financial service environment: managing a diversified loan and deposit portfolio, successfully developing and managing people, business development.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Commerce and Business Administration) requiring –a minimum of 4 years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Advanced degree preferred.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including MSP, dental, and extended healthcare
- Generous employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!