Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
Improving financial health, enriching lives, and building healthier communities. These are at the core of who we are and what we do at Coastal Community Credit Union. We are looking for an Account Representative (Retail Lender), with at least five years of financial services experience and a vision of improving people’s financial health. The Account Representative will have advanced knowledge of retail lending to support the Nanaimo region. If your strength is building relationships and providing expert personalized service to help people reach their financial goals, we want to hear from you.
What’s the role?
As an Account Representative, you will thrive in a relationship-based sales environment that rewards your successes. You will use your great communication skills to understand our members and clients’ needs and share your knowledge of products and services to help them achieve their financial goals. You will also have a proven track record of recognizing sales opportunities and achieving defined targets.
Drawing on our full line of products and services, as well as our experts from our other business lines, you’ll offer individualized comprehensive solutions to suit unique situations. As a primary business developer, you’ll take an active role in maintaining, attracting, and expanding members’ relationships with Coastal Community. We want high quality interactions with our members and clients, and we’ll give you the education and support to enhance your retail lending skills.
What will you do?
Your goal will be to improve the financial health of Coastal Community’s members by building relationships. On a typical day, you may help people with mortgages, lines of credit, personal lending solutions, credit cards, banking transactions, and investments (including registered products). You will also identify opportunities for referrals to our other business lines to meet the member’s full financial needs.
What are we looking for?
- An efficient collaborative team player ready for a challenge
- A minimum of 5 years of financial services experience with a minimum of 2 years lending exposure or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience;
- Solid experience with personal lending and deposits;
- Solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region;
- An interest in pursuing internal and external business development opportunities
- Proven track record of achieving defined sales and service goals and targets.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us!
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!