Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an exciting opportunity to share on our Operations team. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Operations, Compliance & Fraud to oversee and lead our operations and compliance teams. If you are a professional with experience in operations, anti-money laundering, fraud, compliance and associated regulatory reporting, we want to hear from you!
What’s the role?
Reporting to the VP, Operations, our Compliance & Privacy Officer, you will step into a pivotal role as the Senior Manager, Operations, Compliance & Fraud.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leadership: You will be at the forefront of our operations department, providing strategic direction and vision.
- Mentorship: As a leader, you will coach and support our dedicated assistant management team and staff, nurturing their growth and success.
- Compliance Champion: You will play a vital role in ensuring our compliance with Anti Money Laundering (AML), FATCA, and Common Reporting Standards (CRS) legislation. Your expertise will guide us in staying ahead of regulatory requirements.
- Fraud & Risk Mitigation: Protecting our organization is a top priority. You will be responsible for monitoring and mitigating all fraud-related activities, ensuring our financial security.
- Influence: Your insights will be crucial in preparing and reporting information to our Risk Oversight Committee and Board of Directors, making you an integral part of our decision-making process.
- AML Expert: As our Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer, you will be a key figure in upholding AML regulatory requirements for Coastal Community Credit Union and Coastal Community Wealth Management Inc.
Your duties will also include:
- Creating the annual operating plan, budget, and business volume targets for the centralized operations department in accordance with the corporate standards.
- Ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards benchmarked by industry are met.
- Collaborating with technology teams, external vendors, and other stakeholders to execute initiatives.
- Actively leading and/or participating in corporate projects, providing operational, compliance and strategic leadership and guidance on the delivery of services.
- Responsible for providing quarterly reporting on all fraud activity.
- Preparing and coordinating audits, both internally and externally, and responding to findings.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to by the organization to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Regularly reviewing AML, FATCA, and CRS policies and processes, ensuring conjunction with legislative revisions
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree requiring 3-4 years of full-time study or related combination of education and progressive experience in a financial institution is essential.
- Certification/Designation from an accredited Anti-Money Laundering program.
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within the financial industry.
- Minimum 7 years supervisory experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Advanced proficiency with the DNA Banking System.
- Proven experience in providing detailed and accurate information to third parties.
- Previous experience working on/leading large projects.
- Previous experience conducting research and preparing reports.
- Previous experience working with auditors.
- Knowledge of how to gather, clarify and apply information transmitted in various formats.
- Advanced understanding of branch operations, products and services.
- Advanced understanding of PCMLTFA, FATCA and CRS legislation.
- Advanced understanding of fraud, fraud mitigation and loss prevention and related systems.
- Advance skills in legislation interpretation into policy
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package, dental, and extended healthcare
- Employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Coastal Community has been in business over 70 years, and we’re proud of the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned and locally-based—all of Coastal Community’s operations, Board of Directors and employees are based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, with all decisions made locally.
- We’re a growing organization with over 2.5 billion in Credit Union assets, serving over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home, and in the last five years alone, we’ve contributed $2.5 million to community partners across our islands.
At Coastal Community, we believe in working hard and having fun while doing it! Join our team and experience a workplace where fun and productivity go hand in hand. With a generous compensation package and a commitment to work/life balance, we’re invested in your long-term career satisfaction. Join us, and you’ll quickly discover why so many people choose to build their careers right here with us!
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time