Open to any location in Canada
(ability to work remotely from home)
Annual Salary $84,395 – $105,494
THE COMPANY: Our purpose is to redefine banking by helping Canadians simplify their lives and reach their financial goals by reinvesting profits into our members, communities and our people. Now That’s Responsible Banking!
Click the link below to see what Innovation Credit Union is all about! Trust me, you are going to want to learn more about us!
THE POSITION: Reporting to the VP Compliance & Legal, this position takes a lead role in managing an effective regulatory compliance management framework for Innovation at its subsidiaries to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
How does one do this? Glad you asked!
The Manager Compliance does the following:
- Promotes an enterprise-wide risk culture
- Identifies, assesses and monitors regulatory compliance risk
- Provides guidance to First Line of Defence on compliance aspects of strategic initiatives and new and existing products
- Monitors the regulatory landscape for changes and communicates those changes to the First Line of Defence as applicable
- Assists in organizational wide compliance training
- Supports VP Compliance & Legal with implementation of regulatory compliance management program.
- Working closely with the VP Compliance & Legal, completes Board and Senior Management reporting
- Responsible for overseeing Innovation’s complaint handling processes.
- Assess risk when making decisions, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
Why should you apply?
- You want to be an ambassador of a forward-thinking, member focused organization
- University degree (Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent)
- 4-6 years of job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably within a federally regulated financial institution or the Credit Union system
- One or more regulatory compliance related designations would be an asset, such as: Canadian Anti-Money Laundering Institute (CAMLI), Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C), Osgoode’s Certificate in Regulatory Compliance & Legal Risk Management for Financial Institutions.