Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Assistant Manager to support our Parksville and Nanoose Bay branches, so if you’re passionate about improving people’s financial health and have proven experience with personal and business lending, deposit policies, practices, procedures and general branch operations, we’d like to hear from you.
What’s the role?
As an Assistant Manager, you will develop and deliver business growth while productively leading, coaching, and developing a team of representatives. By providing members with access to a full range of financial services, you’ll effectively build deeper relationships that improve the financial well-being of member’s and the organization. You’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities, networking and collaborating with key resources within the community and departments across all business lines to drive branch portfolio growth and achieve financial goals. The ideal candidate will proactively provide regular, results-based coaching for employees focusing on achievement of branch metrics and goals.
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma requiring 3-4 years of full-time study or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 6-9 years of progressive financial experience;
- 3-4 years of progressive lending experience with lending limits;
- Advanced understanding of lending policies and procedures;
- Thorough understanding of credit union operations, principles and values.
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- A comprehensive understanding of insured lending programs (i.e., CMHC/Genworth);
- A solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region;
- Proven social networking skills and an ability to connect with individuals inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions and resolutions.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including MSP, dental, and extended healthcare
- Employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!