**Posting Deadline: Please submit your application by 11:59 PM PST, January 18, 2022**
Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for a Regional Manager, Commercial Services to lead the Comox Valley and Oceanside commercial lending teams. If you are looking for a leadership opportunity with a growing team and have strong commercial lending experience, we’d like to hear from you!
What’s the role?
As the Regional Manager, Commercial Services, you oversee the operations of the Business Centre within the region. Your primary responsibility is business and team development. You provide leadership, coaching, and support to the Business Centre team in all aspects. This includes Business Centre operations, sales and service initiatives, member service and employee relations. As Regional Manager, Commercial Services you are also responsible for achieving financial goals and targets for the Region. You empower your teams to develop plans that drive growth by focusing on high levels of member satisfaction, employee engagement, succession planning initiatives, increasing community connections, and business networks.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying opportunities, networks, and collaborating with key resources and departments across all business lines to drive business growth and meet objectives.
- Identifying and actively pursuing business opportunities to achieve business results.
- Providing regular, results-based coaching for the Business Centre management teams.
- Developing and implementing a business plan and budget for the regional area with clearly defined annual objectives that drive member, relationship, and revenue growth
- Developing a workforce strategy inclusive of performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, and retention of talent for the region.
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Commerce and Business Administration) requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of credit union operations, principles, and values.
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Minimum seven years of experience managing a financial service environment: managing a diversified loan and deposit portfolio, successfully developing and managing people, business development.
- Superior knowledge of personal and business lending, deposit policies, practices, procedures and general branch operations.
- Good knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate and construction lending practices.
- Solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including MSP, dental, and extended healthcare
- Generous employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!