Join our Team!
We measure success by the success of our members and the strength of our local communities. By choosing Interior Savings, you give us the power to give back to your community. You help us create local money that stays local – supporting local causes, events, initiatives, and positive local change. Here at Interior Savings we support and value our employees, and work together to strengthen our communities!
Interior Savings is looking to bring a new Investment Advisor to join the Wealth Management Team in the South Okanagan.
The South Okanagan is known for having the warmest weather conditions in all of Canada and with lots of sunshine and a comfortable climate all year round it’s a great four-season destination offering so much to do in the beautiful outdoors. Not to mention that the region is at the heart of BC’s wine industry.
About this opportunity…
The Investment Advisor supports Interior Savings’ vision of sales & service excellence by developing valuable long-term relationships with members, pro-actively determining & fulfilling their investment needs and providing them sound advice with high-quality, tailored financial solutions to match their financial goals.
Through personal strengths in communication, sales leadership, and initiative you will achieve client’s financial sales goals through a focus on medium to high net-worth investors seeking diverse investment solutions. You will pro-actively manage client relationships, pursue internal opportunities/referrals, and external business growth opportunities.
With proven sales and service ability and the ability to meet and exceed goals and objectives you will identify cross-selling and referral opportunities to other Interior Savings partners, achieve referral objectives, develop external leads, and build referral relationships within the community. You will work as a team member with licensed branch staff to ensure that all member needs are met in a timely, cost effective manner and assist in the education of branch staff regarding Credit Union services and products to pro-actively grow the business. You will also perform other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for….
- High School diploma/Grade 12 plus two (2) years of formal post-secondary education or equivalent
- Possess or be willing to work towards the CFP (Certified Financial Planner designation) or PFP designation
- Canadian Securities course and Conduct & Practices Handbook
- Must be IIROC licensed
- 4-6 years of job related experience in a financial sales & services environment
- Good knowledge of current domestic and international investment marketplace
- Good comprehension of all insurance products
- Knowledge of RRSPs, RRIFs, RESPs, mutual funds, and self-directed plan administration