The Vice President, Operations (VP, Operation) is a member of the Senior Leadership Team who provides leadership, oversight and coordination of retail banking operations, insurance, financial planning, and facilities for Northern Savings Credit Union. This leader translates business strategies into goals, objectives, and processes to affect sound and prudent operations of the Credit Union all in an effort to ensure exemplary member service.
This business unit leader is responsible for sales and services including, member support, needs assessment, escalation of issues, overseeing the provision of exemplary member service, providing for engagement of employees, managing the operations to be efficient and effective. This position is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the buildings, efficiency, and good working conditions of the facilities.
The VP, Operations is to conduct their duties while demonstrating positive leadership within the Credit Union and externally in the community. They are to inspire the employees to achieve their maximum potential and produce results in the best interest of the credit union while respecting the members.
Core Occupational Skills:
- Sales skills
- Recognizes basic financial terminology
- General understanding of industry conditions
- General knowledge of competitors products and services
- General knowledge of the features and benefits of credit union products
- Human Resource management (Employee Engagement)
- Understands Compensation and benefits
- Performance management, conflict resolution
- Compliance and labour standards, human rights legislation
- Human resource policy and procedure development, implementation, interpretation
- Credit Union product knowledge
- Knowledge of Credit Union philosophies and principles
- Working knowledge of Credit Union technology and operations
- Understanding of Credit Union Act and regulations; policies and procedures
Education & Experience:
- University degree is required
- Four to six years of related management experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive financial services experience is required.
- Expert knowledge of products and services and their regulatory requirements is required.
- Experience evaluating and drafting policy and procedures is preferred.
- Extensive experience in evaluating all aspects of credit decisions, at a corporate level is required.
- Extensive sales and service experience is required.
- Extensive lending experience is preferred.
Travel is a requirement of this position.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that we will only contact individuals for an interview.
Northern Savings Credit Union plays a prominent leadership role as the largest financial institution in northwestern British Columbia. Community-based, member-owned and democratically governed, Northern Savings serves more than 14,000 members in Prince Rupert, Terrace, Haida Gwaii and areas. The business is well run, has a strong team, and –with the economy burgeoning due to the Port’s expansion and other massive infrastructure projects underway – is looking to the future with excitement.
Due to a retirement, the Board is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer to bring energy and drive to pursue the Credit Union’s vision. Reporting to the Board of Directors you will provide inspirational leadership and direction to Northern Savings and its subsidiaries. You have responsibility for all credit union operations and will enable innovation, growth and change as the organization explores advances in technology, member services, product offerings and other growth areas. As the face of the organization, you have the opportunity to be a visible leader and play an active and impactful role in the community.
You are a seasoned business leader with a reputation for building and leading an evolving business in a senior management or executive capacity in an organization of similar complexity. Experience that includes credit unions, banking, financial services or related is an asset, but not required. Armed with superior interpersonal skills and business acumen, you will bring a history of innovation and financial stewardship that will enable profitable growth and change.
This role is located in Prince Rupert, on British Columbia’s North Coast. This is an exceptional opportunity to combine an impactful leadership role with a fulfilling coastal lifestyle.
To explore this opportunity further, please click Apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that we will only be in contact with those individuals moving forward with our client.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager for our Prince Rupert location. The Assistant Branch Manager is a key position in the branch providing expert level knowledge while contributing to the provision of exemplary member service, engagement of employees, and managing operations within area of delegated responsibility to be efficient and effective.
Knowledge of Market and Particular Area of Expertise:
- Maintains knowledge of market with regards to services, products, rates and fees.
- Maintains knowledge of economic factors and implications for the business.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in area of delegated responsibility.
- Organizes the delivery of products and services to achieve exemplary member service.
- Monitors the changing member needs and expectations and adapts to those needs.
- Ensures professional image of unit to members and internal customers.
- Continually markets the benefits of membership to non-members to grow the membership.
- Supports the Member Service Centre (Branch) Manager and assists in fostering a positive, respectful workplace that is motivating to staff.
- Builds a positive capable team to meet the mandate as delegated.
- Collaborates with staff in addressing services issues and member concerns.
- Provides coaching to enhance employee performance. Delivers effective ongoing performance feedback for staff.
- Identifies process improvements and implements such within unit, shares best practices with other member service centres and corporate office.
- Liaises with Corporate Office Operations department to review and improve policies and procedures related to member service delivery.
- Ensures staff are provided with tools required to perform duties effectively.
- Addresses day to day administrative issues on a timely basis, and facilitates resolutions of encumbrances. May be delegated tasks regarding facilities and premises.
Risk Management and Financial Health:
- Actively monitors income and expenses and portfolio and takes action to meet established financial goals and/or advising Branch Manager of sound reasons for adjustments required.
- Provides referrals within business unit (lending, mutual funds, deposits) and other business units, i.e. insurance, commercial services, financial advisory services.
- Assists Branch Manager in general administrative aspects of the business unit.
- Assists Branch Manager in fulfilling community events.
- During absence of Branch Manager provides general supervision of the business unit and liaises with subject matter experts and Corporate Office staff in particular areas to ensure decisions made are sound and prudent given limited knowledge in areas not within the Assistant Branch Manager’s delegated area of expertise.
- Oversees corporate training requirements for the branch.
- Assists Branch Manager in overseeing technical support of the branch.
- Secondary school diploma is required.
- Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- Completion of sales training and mutual fund course are required.
- Completion of CUIC lending is required.
- Completion of CUSOURCE and/or CU Training courses related to this position is an asset.
- Previous sales and service experience is required.
- Previous financial services and lending experience is required.
- Previous supervisory and coaching experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Expert knowledge of products and services required.
- Expert knowledge of credit risk governing and managing policies and underwriting is required if lending is the Assistant Branch Manager’s delegated area of responsibility.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work within time constraints.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office.
Travel may be required.
Northern Savings Credit Union has an opening for a full time Business Account Manager for our Prince Rupert branch.
If you are passionate about improving people’s financial health and have experience with sales and service we’d like to hear from you.
The Business Account Manager is a key position in the branch providing business financial solutions and exemplary member service. This role is the primary point of contact to a portfolio of members whose basic business needs expand both the lending and investment spectrum. The Business Account Manager also demonstrates strong relationship management and business development skills in order to bring new business members to Northern Savings Credit Union.
The Business Account Manager is to demonstrate positive and professional leadership within the Credit Union and externally in the community. The Business Account Manager collaborates with the employees of Business Services to achieve their maximum potential and produce results in the best interest of the credit union while respecting and delivering the needs of members.
- Completion of post-secondary education is required.
- Completion of sales and service training required.
- Completion of business credit lending program is preferred.
- Previous business lending experience required.
- Previous retail lending experience preferred.
- Previous financial services experience is required.
- Business acumen and understanding of demands of running a business.
- Demonstrated sales and service skills.
- Experience in research and negotiation is an asset.
- Expert financial system knowledge and skills required.
- Expert knowledge of business lending products and services required.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work within time constraints
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with all members, potential customers and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office.