We are currently seeking an Assistant Branch Manager for our Prince Rupert location. The Assistant Branch Manager is a key position in the branch providing expert level knowledge while contributing to the provision of exemplary member service, engagement of employees, and managing operations within area of delegated responsibility to be efficient and effective.
Knowledge of Market and Particular Area of Expertise:
- Maintains knowledge of market with regards to services, products, rates and fees.
- Maintains knowledge of economic factors and implications for the business.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in area of delegated responsibility.
- Organizes the delivery of products and services to achieve exemplary member service.
- Monitors the changing member needs and expectations and adapts to those needs.
- Ensures professional image of unit to members and internal customers.
- Continually markets the benefits of membership to non-members to grow the membership.
- Supports the Member Service Centre (Branch) Manager and assists in fostering a positive, respectful workplace that is motivating to staff.
- Builds a positive capable team to meet the mandate as delegated.
- Collaborates with staff in addressing services issues and member concerns.
- Provides coaching to enhance employee performance. Delivers effective ongoing performance feedback for staff.
- Identifies process improvements and implements such within unit, shares best practices with other member service centres and corporate office.
- Liaises with Corporate Office Operations department to review and improve policies and procedures related to member service delivery.
- Ensures staff are provided with tools required to perform duties effectively.
- Addresses day to day administrative issues on a timely basis, and facilitates resolutions of encumbrances. May be delegated tasks regarding facilities and premises.
Risk Management and Financial Health:
- Actively monitors income and expenses and portfolio and takes action to meet established financial goals and/or advising Branch Manager of sound reasons for adjustments required.
- Provides referrals within business unit (lending, mutual funds, deposits) and other business units, i.e. insurance, commercial services, financial advisory services.
- Assists Branch Manager in general administrative aspects of the business unit.
- Assists Branch Manager in fulfilling community events.
- During absence of Branch Manager provides general supervision of the business unit and liaises with subject matter experts and Corporate Office staff in particular areas to ensure decisions made are sound and prudent given limited knowledge in areas not within the Assistant Branch Manager’s delegated area of expertise.
- Oversees corporate training requirements for the branch.
- Assists Branch Manager in overseeing technical support of the branch.
- Secondary school diploma is required.
- Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- Completion of sales training and mutual fund course are required.
- Completion of CUIC lending is required.
- Completion of CUSOURCE and/or CU Training courses related to this position is an asset.
- Previous sales and service experience is required.
- Previous financial services and lending experience is required.
- Previous supervisory and coaching experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Expert knowledge of products and services required.
- Expert knowledge of credit risk governing and managing policies and underwriting is required if lending is the Assistant Branch Manager’s delegated area of responsibility.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work within time constraints.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office.
Travel may be required.