Open to working REMOTELY anywhere in Canada
Would you like to earn above average pay helping members meet their financial goals, maintain a strong work life balance, a flexible schedule and have the security of a career – path supported by your organization? We offer that and so much more.
THE COMPANY – Our Purpose is to redefine banking by helping Canadians simplify their lives and reach their financial goals by reinvesting profits into our members, communities and our people. Now that Responsible Banking!
Click the link below to see what Innovation Credit Union is about! Trust us, you are going to want to learn more about who we are!
THE POSITION: Reporting to the VP Int Mark/Data Analytic, the Data Modeler will organize working sessions to gather requirements from various subject matter experts and analyze overall business needs. Serve as a reference and authority on the process of data modeling and ensure consistency with existing data models and data architectures and establish standards and guidelines. This role requires strong technical skills like connecting disparate data sources, as well as business knowledge, interviewing and analytical skills and excellent oral and written communications skills.
A Data Modeler does the following:
- Develop, review, approve new data models and enhance existing models.
- Work with other members of the development team to ensure all requirements are captured and reflected in the data model.
- Validate logical data models with business subject matter experts.
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries, CRUD matrix, flowcharts, design justifications and integration with enterprise data architecture.
- Serve as a reference and authority on the process of data modeling and ensure consistency with existing data models and data architectures, create standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for defining the source repositories and rules around the transformations.
- Experience with establishing version control.
- Strong communication skills including written and oral, with ability to work closely with stakeholders, business owners and analysts on requirements and use case design.
- Participates in business requirements gathering, performs data analysis, designs logical data models, and participates in the design of physical data models.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and derive meaningful data relationships and translate them into appropriate data models.
- Train/mentor others in data modeling.
- Actively participate in meta data definition and management.
Why Should You Apply?
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer/data science technical or related experience.
- You have 5+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols).
- You have knowledge of the mathematical foundations of statistical inference and forecasting such as time series analysis, multivariate analysis, cluster analysis, and optimization.
- You have the ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches.
- You have experience with Azure Platform Services including Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, ADLS and Azure DevOps. data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms is required.
- You have good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools.
As well as:
- SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Power BI Enterprise Gateway and ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to represent insights.
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and development
Visit the CAREERS page or our website to learn more about this position and to apply. www.innovationcu.ca Only those applications received through our job board will be considered.