Position Type: Permanent
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We need a Manager, Human Resources to join our HR leadership team. Specializing in compensation management and benefits, you play an integral part in developing strategy, framework and budget for total compensations rewards.
What’s the role?
As the leader of compensation and benefits, you work to develop and implement compensation and total reward programs that evolve with the changing marketplace. You are future-focused, and understand the importance of continuous analysis and improvement of pay strategies, compensation programs and employee benefits plans to ensure Coastal Community remains competitive as an employer of choice. You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand their needs, and align them to the strategic workforce plan and business goals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identifying and benchmarking job rates, conducting pay surveys, analyzing pay plans and related data to establish internal and external equity.
- Managing Coastal Community’s job evaluation program; evaluating, banding and ranking of jobs
- Providing support and advice to managers regarding position level, salary ranges, current salary, and other related compensation policies and procedures.
- Administration and management of the benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and retirement plans.
General Human Resources Support
- Supports the Human Resources Department through evaluation of the HR processes to ensure continuous improvement and compliance.
- Recommends personnel policies and procedures, designs, evaluates and modifies policies to ensure they are relevant, current, competitive and compliant.
- Contributes relevant and timely research, analysis and ideas in the development of the HR strategic response to ensure success of organizational initiatives.
This opportunity offers the ability to work remotely from anywhere in British Columbia.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Compensation management, Human Resources Management with a specialization in Compensation Management or equivalent professional knowledge gained through the significant experience working as a compensation specialist
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR).
- 7+ years’ experience in the Human Resources field dealing with compensation and benefits
- 3+ years’ experience with management of a team
Ideally, you are an adaptive, collaborative team player with:
- Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge of theory and good practice in primary areas of oversite in Human Resources.
- Experience in compensation management, job evaluation/salary banding and pay equity methods and practices.
- Experience resolving multi-party conflicts using interest-based methods to build collaborative relationships and develop solution-focused win-win agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful compensation and benefits plans.
If you’re a relationship builder who embraces life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A superior employee benefits package including vision, dental, and extended healthcare
- Generous employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!