This is a great opportunity to build your professional career and create a future at SASCU!
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun! Add in competitive salary and benefit packages, along with perks such as an employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Senior Advisor, you will build deep relationships with members by learning what is important to them and then providing customized, advice-driven solutions that will guide them on their financial journey.
What you’ll do:
- Advise members on a full range of deposit and investment products, including new personal and business accounts, mutual funds, registered products, and term deposits.
- Offer personal and small business lending products and services, including mortgages, personal loans, lines of credit, credit cards, and associated insurance products.
- Service and manage an assigned portfolio of estate accounts.
- Interview loan applicants, analyze credit information, and make recommendations on creditworthiness.
- Identify and pursue opportunities within an assigned portfolio and through referrals, connecting members to colleagues when appropriate to ensure the members’ financial needs are fully met.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the financial planning process by partnering with organizational specialists who can assist members with customized financial solutions.
- Take a lead role in promotions and other activities to build the membership base and have a positive impact on the community.
- Take personal responsibility for delivery of the SASCU Member Experience and contribute to creating a warm and welcoming environment.
What you’ll bring:
- Two years of post-secondary education or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years of progressive experience, including cash, investments, and lending services.
- Registration as a Mutual Funds Representative, or enrollment in the Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) course within 3 months of attaining position, with the intention to register as a Mutual Funds Representative.
- Strong sales record, with an aptitude for business development and relationship building.
- Ability to quickly learn SASCU products and services, policies and procedures, as well as branch and specialist roles.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
This is a full-time position working 5 days per week within the operating hours of the branch. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check. Employment offers will be conditional on the candidate providing satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject only to valid legal or medical exceptions, and complying with all pandemic/epidemic control measures affecting the workplace.