Create your future with SASCU Credit Union! We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact on the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism, not to mention, fun!
As the Training Assistant at SASCU, you will deliver entry-level training programs to attain organizational goals and foster a positive workplace. The Training Assistant works closely with the Talent Development Officer and Training Coordinator to ensure training initiatives are aligned with the objectives of the department and SASCU.
This is a part-time (18-37.5 hours per week), Monday – Friday position operating within an initial 12-month term. The successful candidate will work higher hours within the range during onboarding periods and lower hours during non-peak times. A high degree of flexibility is required for this role. Potential for term extension is possible.
What you’ll do:
- Introduce new employees to the organization by assisting with the development, coordination, and facilitation of SASCU Orientation and Onboarding programs.
- Facilitate entry-level training program as required, including consideration of learning styles and organizational competencies.
- Use established training programs and tools to deliver training, make recommendations, and modify as required based on changing business needs.
- Set up technical equipment and prepare physical spaces for training sessions as required.
- Distribute to participants pre-course information, post-course evaluation questionnaires, and prepare and deliver Trainee Progress Reports upon completion of training.
- May facilitate other SASCU training programs as required on a backup or personal development basis.
What you’ll bring:
- Secondary school education, plus 1 year of formal adult education training is preferred.
- At least two years of customer service experience within the financial services industry.
- Strong proficiency utilizing various computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Can adapt to and accommodate diverse learning styles.
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities;
- Are able to meet goals with minimal supervision and work independently;
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing learning and career development in the training and development profession.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This is an excellent opportunity for a learning and development focused individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.