Reporting to the Manager, Audit for the CUs inSync partners of Conexus, Cornerstone and Innovation Credit Unions are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. The Senior Audit Analyst will work with audit staff conducting risk-based audits which encompass all areas of credit union operations and follow the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards. This position is also responsible for:
- Leading and conducting risk-based audits with respect to all areas of credit union operations following the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards
- Creating and providing/communicating reports on audit results to the appropriate audit management; participating in audit committee meetings if/when required
- Leading the audit process (e.g. scoping meeting, closing/discharging audit, reporting overall results and recommendations to leaders, and completing follow-up on “Management Action Plans”)
- Completing and signing-off on detailed review of audit support work; Overseeing/reviewing Audit Analyst audit work and conducting coaching as needed
- Ensuring adherence to scope and timelines for all assigned audits and projects
- Leveraging data and working with a data analyst throughout audit process to create efficiencies, improve coverage, and identify high risks
- As a trusted internal partner, supporting the delivery of world class member service
- Identifying and managing risks and opportunities within the credit unions’ and the members’ risk appetite
- Leveraging technology and partners to provide and enhance the world class member experience
- Living credit union values and competencies
The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented, community minded individual with post-secondary education in a related field plus a minimum of 3 years audit and accounting experience along with 5 years financial services experience or equivalent combination of experience and education. Along with proven skills and knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Analytics/Research, the candidate will have a continuing thirst for knowledge and be a life-long learner. Exceptional communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to excellence and member service are a necessity. A CIA (Certified Internal Audit) designation would be considered an asset.
Compensation will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Conexus, Cornerstone and Innovation Credit Union offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including a company matched pension plan. An attractive variable incentive program is also available.
Visit the CAREERS page or our website to learn more about this position and to apply. www.innovationcu.ca Only those applications received through our job board will be considered.