Clearing and Settlement Manager
First Nations Bank of Canada (www.fnbc.ca) is a federally chartered bank servicing Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers throughout Canada. We are focused on delivering superior customer service and offering a full range of personal and business banking products. As an equal opportunity employer, we are rapidly expanding in the Canadian marketplace and provide our employees the opportunity to advance in their career.
First Nations Bank of Canada is seeking a Manager, Clearing and Settlement. This position is a subject matter expert supporting internal and external clients as it relates to clearing and settlement while ensuring adherence to the rules set out by Canadian Payments Association and minimizing losses to the Bank. They will oversee the daily clearing and reconciliation processes for the Bank.
Location: This position is a Monday through Friday work week and has the option to be based in Saskatoon Head Office or one of our branch locations with the flexibility to work remotely, in the office or a hybrid of the two.
- Follow and keep up to date with all related regulatory and legislative
- Oversee and as required perform the duties of the Clearing Operation staff including decision to pay (rejects), performing returns, authorize outgoing and incoming wires, support for customer AFT, trace requests, processing of NSF and chargebacks, action fraud alerts, and verify and balance all incoming and outgoing transactions including but not limited to wires, bill payments, POS and ATM, EMT, and Interac Online Payments
- Identify and recommend process improvement
- Ensure productivity standards that are held with internal and external providers are consistently achieved and Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded
- Evaluate and recognize indicators that would identify possible Fraud/Money Laundering situations
- Liaise with internal and external agencies including customers, branches, Central 1 and other Financial Institution
- Ensuring daily work and reports are completed thoroughly for auditing purposes
- Ensure clearing rules are adhered to, resulting in no loss of income to the organizations and also giving the best service to our member and clients
- Mentor, coach and motivate the clearing staff. Ensures they have the skills, knowledge, and resources to perform all aspects of their job successfully
Here’s the background and skills we think will make you successful:
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a financial institution
- Good knowledge of basic accounting principles and understand reconciliation processes
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Payments Associations rules (CPA)
- Experience with core banking systems (experience with Fiserv DNA would be ideal)
- Experience with clearing and settlement system (experience with Central 1 systems would be ideal)
- Sound judgement with good investigative, research and problem-solving skills
- Strong service quality experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Management level experience with an aptitude for team building and providing top-notch customer service
- Ability to multi-task and meet daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise initiative and tact
- Ability to accept and embrace change
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.