Create your future with SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive salary and benefits package, along with perks such as our employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As an Advisor beginning at our Sicamous Branch, you will build deep relationships with members, first by seeking to understand what is important to them, and then by providing customized, advice-driven solutions that will guide them on their financial journey as it relates to their overall financial picture.
What you’ll do:
- Advise members on a full range of deposit and investment products and services (including new accounts, cards, term deposits, and registered products) for an assigned portfolio.
- Advise members on personal and small business lending products and services (including mortgages, personal loans, lines of credit, MasterCard application and associated insurance products).
- Interview loan applicants, analyze their finances, and make recommendations.
- Service and manage estate accounts within an assigned portfolio.
- Undertake assigned administrative duties including regular and ad hoc reporting, audits, and preparing routing correspondence.
- Perform front line duties as required.
- Take personal responsibility for delivery of the SASCU Member Experience and contribute to the team creation of a warm and welcoming environment.
What you’ll bring:
- One year of post-secondary education.
- 2-4 years financial services experience with demonstrated sales skills.
- A solid understanding of financial services policies and procedures, and branch and specialist roles is an asset.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have demonstrated sales skills – promoting and selling financial products and services
- Have strong organizational and time management skills
- Are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Possess a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Are committed to continuous learning and self-development
This position will be based in the Sicamous Branch for one year. At the end of the year, the Advisor will move to another location within SASCU’s branch network in Salmon Arm, Sicamous, or Sorrento.
This position is full-time, Tuesday to Saturday and working within the operating hours of the branch. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.