Organization: Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation, Newfoundland & Labrador
Position Title: Director, IT Examinations
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: St. John’s, NL
Closing Date: May 23, 2022
Who we are
The Mandate of the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (CUDGC) is to provide risk-based regulatory oversight and deposit guarantees to enable a safe and sound credit union system in Newfoundland & Labrador.
The primary role is to:
• Provide a guarantee of deposits held with NL credit unions
• Regulate NL credit unions and enforce the Credit Union Act, 2009
• Review, advise and direct credit unions on matters related to legislative compliance and sound business practices
• Monitor credit union performance and implement appropriate actions to improve performance and reduce risks
We are seeking an experienced individual who can bring new knowledge and skills to the Examination Team and take the lead role in assessing, planning and executing the assessment of credit unions in the areas of Information Technology and Cybersecurity which manage/mitigate the risk to depositor funds and the deposit guarantee funds.
The Director, Information Technology Examinations is a key member of the senior management team and operates with a high degree of autonomy reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The position develops the risk based Examination plan and the identifies emerging IT security risks to ensure that risk-based supervision activities are applied according to the Corporation’s values and operating principles. In addition, the position is responsible for legislation and regulations interpretations and the effective strategic management of relationships with credit union CEOs and senior management.
• Leads the design and execution of the risk-based monitoring program that serves in the protection of deposits and recognition of emerging risks
• Creates positive change in IT and risk management practices by facilitating the understanding of review results, making recommendations for improvement and gaining the commitment of the credit union’s board of directors and senior management to evolve their practices
• Manage strategic relationships with credit unions to align with corporate values of co-operation and collaboration
• Identify and advise management on the use of data analytics and other advanced techniques and tools in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of examination assessments
• Maintains information security competency through ongoing professional development and staying abreast of emerging technologies, risks and controls in information and cyber security
Experience and Qualifications
• 7 years of information and cyber security experience
• 5+ years’ experience as an IT Auditor and strong understanding of IT audit methodologies.
• Minimum post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science, information systems, business or a related field
• CISA, CISSP or equivalent is preferred
• Experience in the assessment of threats and risks over IT processes and assets.
• Experience and knowledge working with security frameworks, including NIST and CIS.
• Experience working in a highly computerized environment and demonstrates an understanding of information technology functionality, architecture, structure and controls.
• Experience working with Technology platforms and must be familiar with performing audits of network, operating systems, applications, databases and other technical areas such as 3rd Party Management
• Knowledgeable in areas such as network security architecture, vulnerability assessments, Data Loss Prevention and web application security
• General understanding of the Canadian financial services regulatory environment would be considered an asset
• Advanced team leadership, relationship management and change management skills
• Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and apply an analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Conditions of Acceptance
• The Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
• Disability related accommodations and alternate formats are available upon request at any stage of the recruitment process
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a recent Certificate of Conduct.
• Please note that, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, they consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information required for the purposes of recruitment. Personal information will be used solely for the purpose of recruitment considerations for a period of one year following closing date of this competition, unless otherwise noted by the applicant.
Please apply via email to email@example.com with resume and salary expectations.