Northern Savings offers a full range of personal and business financial services as well as insurance, financial advising and investment services through its online channels and its branch locations in Prince Rupert, Masset, Queen Charlotte, and Terrace. At Northern Savings, we honour the northwest region and our history through our commitment to superior service for members, employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
Exciting Career Opportunity
Northern Savings Insurance Services, our insurance subsidiary, located in Terrace, BC, has an exciting career opportunity. Our current opening for a full time Insurance Manager may just be what you have been waiting for.
The successful candidate will have previous insurance management, sales and service experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, If you are energetic and have a natural ability to develop excellent rapport amongst employees, this is an opportunity for you.
- Completion of post-secondary education required.
- Completion of sales training required.
- Level 3 insurance license is required or working towards insurance designation.
- Previous insurance sales and service experience is required.
- Previous leadership experience is required.
The ideal applicant must have demonstrated sales skills, relationship building and business development skills, and the ability to communicate and liaise professionally with all members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here.
Northern Savings Credit Union is seeking a full time Personal Loans Officer for our Terrace, BC location. This key position in the branch provides financial solutions and exemplary member service in personal loans and mortgages. This position is often the primary point of contact for existing and new members and can foster relationships through service excellence and product knowledge specific to retail lending.
- Delivers financial solutions to new and existing members by offering a suite of personal lending and mortgage products.
- Is knowledgeable in all Northern Savings financial products and services to enable referrals to Financial Services Representatives, Business Services, financial advisory services and insurance (life, property and casualty).
- Collaborates with staff in addressing services issues and member concerns.
- Has expert knowledge of lending processes and procedures.
- Identifies process improvements and escalates to supervisor.
- Ensures that all interactions with members and fellow staff are completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Meets compliance, confidentiality and regulatory requirements and abides by management policy and branch procedures.
- Works within prescribed lending limits, referring applications as necessary.
- Uses pricing matrix at all times for personal lending products.
- Understands authorities with respect to overrides, waiving service charges and the pricing matrix.
- High School diploma is a requirement. Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- Completion of sales training is an asset.
- Completion of Personal Lending course.
- Previous lending, sales and service experience is required.
- Previous financial services experience is required.
- Demonstrated sales skills.
- Expert knowledge of products and services required.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office