Business Relationship Manager
Full-time Position in Thunder Bay, ON.
Who We Are
Copperfin is Northwestern Ontario’s largest locally owned credit union, with locations in Ear Falls, Kenora, Sioux Narrows, Nestor Falls, and Thunder Bay. Our number one priority is to advance the lives of the people and communities we serve. We have a desire to improve the lives of people who live in our community. We invest in our Members’ financial health and strive to ensure we’re offering them the best financial tools to reach their goals.
About This Opportunity
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated individual for the position of Business Relationship Manager. This position is located in Thunder Bay, ON.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Advice, the Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for proactively managing a portfolio of members consisting of medium to complex business accounts, including:
• Delivering value added financial advice and superior service to enhance and grow individual Member relationships.
• Interviewing, analyzing, and approving new loans, renewals, amendments, and security substitutions in compliance with credit union policies and procedures.
• Facilitating growth and business development initiatives with existing and prospective members, partners, and community leaders to strengthen and grow the business portfolio.
• Monitoring the changes in business conditions and market trends and their potential impact on members.
• Contributing to the development, maintenance, and execution of the departments business plan for growth, including relationship management strategies, enhanced business processes and financial performance.
• Work independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include special projects.
What We Are Looking For
• Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrating approachability, trustworthiness, flexibility, strong work ethic, and a Member first mentality.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma, ideally in business or related field preferred.
• Minimum three to five years of lending experience and/or experience gained in financial services industry.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn new systems.
• Excellent member service skills; strong verbal and written communication skills and superior problem-solving abilities.
• Strong capabilities in analysis, judgement, and data driven decision-making.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
Why Choose Copperfin
We invest in our people so that you’re able to learn, develop and are well prepared to support the ever-changing needs of our Members while working towards advancing your career and expanding your skillset. We care about each other and believe in making a difference in the communities we live, play and work in.
• We encourage the growth and advancement of our Team Members. Our Leaders support
your development to advance and grow through managing opportunities and coaching.
• We empower our Team Members to be decision makers while providing opportunities to work on unique projects from time to time.
• We offer a competitive health benefits plan including employee pricing and rewards.
To learn more about why our Team Members love working at Copperfin and to get a glimpse of the exciting opportunities we’re a part of, check out our Facebook or Instagram.
About the Salary
The salary for this position will commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
People and Culture Team
Copperfin Credit Union
346 Second Street South
Kenora, ON P9N 1G5
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Upon request, accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process.