First Nations Bank of Canada (www.fnbc.ca) is a federally chartered bank servicing Indigenous and non-Indigenous customers throughout Canada. We are focused on delivering superior customer service and offering a full range of personal and business banking products. First Nations Bank has a strong history of growth and profitability with a clear strategy of expansion in the Canadian marketplace and provides ongoing career opportunities for our employees.
FNB Trust is FNBC’s wholly owned trust company providing Indigenous Trust Services to Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. FNB Trust strengthens the capacity of its customers, in alignment with FNBC’s mission toward the long-term economic well-being of Indigenous Peoples.
Reporting directly to the Trust Officers, the Accounting Technician will be accountable for a high level of support and will contribute to a comprehensive, efficient and accurate reporting process that satisfies both internal and external stakeholder requirements.
As an Accounting Technician, you are responsible for supporting trust client service goals by providing accounting, payables and coordination services. You must be a driven and detail-oriented individual who is client-focused and efficient. This role requires you to take initiative and work proactively in a fast-paced industry. You are a highly skilled professional team member. This position will be required to prepare bank reconciliations, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, post journal entries, prepare other statistical, financial and activity reports and support the accounts payable function. To be successful in this position you will require a strong knowledge in the area of accounting, payables and reporting.
This is a national position. Candidates from all Canadian regions will be considered, with preference to those able to be based from our Saskatoon, Winnipeg or Vancouver offices. Our Saskatoon and Vancouver offices are located on First Nation lands.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the finance or accounting department.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay close attention to detail.
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily workload.
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong emphasis on bookkeeping and reconciliations is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with regulatory bodies (OSFI, CDIC, FINTRAC, etc), internal/external audits and the banking industry would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours outside of the Monday to Friday workweek as needed.
- Accounting certificate or diploma is preferred but not required.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
Make FNB Trust your First Choice!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
For more information, visit: www.fnbtrust.ca