Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Account Manager to support the Capital Region, so if you’re passionate about improving people’s financial health and have experience with a wide range of financial services including loans, investments, registered products and personal mortgages we’d like to hear from you.
What’s the role?
As an Account Manager, you excel at growing new and existing relationships. Working with our team of professionals, you’ll offer a range of financial services to our members—and spot opportunities to refer them to experts in our other business lines to help us provide comprehensive solutions.
What are we looking for?
- A secondary school diploma with an academic emphasis plus 1 year post-secondary education with up to 1 year of work experience in a sales and service environment;
- A minimum of 3 years of financial experience and 2 years of lending experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Preferably, a thorough understanding of credit union operations, principles and values.
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Proven sales experience and demonstrated leadership skills;
- Proven knowledge of deposit and loan products and services
- Demonstrated personal lending knowledge;
- Solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region;
- Proven social networking skills and an ability to connect with individuals inside and outside the organization.
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
Who are we?
Coastal Community has been in business over 70 years, and we’re proud of the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned and locally-based—all of Coastal Community’s operations, Board of Directors and employees are based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, with all decisions made locally.
- We’re a growing organization with over 2.5 billion in Credit Union assets, serving over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices and 4 business centres.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home, and in the last five years alone, we’ve contributed $2.5 million to community partners across our islands.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!