The Organization: Prospera Credit Union
With history dating back over 75 years, Prospera Credit Union was officially born in 2002 after a series of mergers in its formative years. In January of 2020, Prospera and Westminster Savings Credit Union merged to become the current Prospera Credit Union, Canada’s sixth largest, with more $7.3 billion balance sheet assets and over $9.0 billion in assets under management, 120,000 members, 900 employees and 29 full service branch locations stretching from rom Vancouver through the Fraser Valley to the Okanagan.
To learn more, please visit Prospera’s website.
The Opportunity: Manager, Governance
The Manager, Governance is responsible for overseeing the meeting process for the Board and its committees (and the Management Committees) and maintaining a well organized and effective annual governance cycle. This position is responsible for managing the Governance Office, maintaining compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and general corporate reporting. Works to implement decisions made by the Board of Directors and maintains the corporate governance policies and guidelines of Prospera Credit Union and its subsidiaries (“PCU”). As Manager, this position will provide leadership to its direct reports and ensure that department goals and service delivery standards are achieved. The Manager will provide ongoing training, coaching and opportunities for self-development and career development and encourage growth. The Manager will model the credit union values and foster a positive dynamic within the team aligned with the organizational culture.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline; Chartered Secretary or paralegal designation an asset,
- Several years of progressive experience in a corporate governance environment, with a minimum of two years managing the roles, responsibilities and procedures of a board or council,
- Excellent knowledge of governance, legislation and compliance best practices,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish mutually beneficial working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in various functions and at all levels,
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: Hannah Donovan or Greg Longster
Leaders International Executive Search
#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422