This is a great opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and community-minded organization!
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)!
The Advice Coach is a subject matter expert and source of support for all aspects of SASCU’s advice/sales programs, skills, and expectations. The Advice Coach reports to the Director, Banking and continually enhances and advances SASCU’s Coaching Program, including being a resource to the Training Department (e.g., classroom training, webinars, supportive communications, job aides). This position leads the ongoing sales management disciplines of coaching (including observational) and on-demand training to sales positions in SASCU’s branches and Contact Centre.
*This is a new position at SASCU, and its accountabilities and the reporting relationship may evolve over the course of an initial one-year pilot. The successful candidate will be integral to the outcome and success of the pilot.
What you’ll do:
- Observe, coach, and develop live interactions to ensure sales staff are following the service program to deliver a consistent experience throughout SASCU branches and the Contact Centre.
- In collaboration with branch leaders, work to support individual development plans as they relate to sales and service.
- Support branch leadership through development and provision of ongoing coaching material and ensure alignment with existing sales models.
- Contribute to the performance review process by providing input into staff performance reviews through regular updates, feedback, and post-coaching debriefs.
- Collaborate with internal partners (e.g., the Marketing Department) to develop and deliver internal sales campaigns that support business development and growth.
- Actively and continually seek and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and increased efficiencies; recommend and share ideas for improvements.
What you’ll bring:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience within financial services and/or sales leadership.
- Registered as a mutual funds representative or willing to be licensed within a three-month period.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- Knowledge of the features and benefits of lending and investments, including mutual funds.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including experience mentoring, coaching, and change management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, a flexible “Floater Day”, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday position. It an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $1 billion in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.