Open to any location in Canada (ability to work from your home office)
Apply by October 9
Annual Salary: $53,248 – $73,216
Innovation Federal Credit Union has a bold ambition. In addition to being Canada’s newest Federal Credit Union, we will be the most digital, member-centric organization in our industry. We are on a journey to embrace the core tenets of the digital business model, like ideation, the network effect, personalized segmentation, coopetition, and agile ways of working.
We come to work to simplify banking for all Canadians – that’s our purpose.
How does this position help fulfill Innovation’s purpose? Glad you asked!
Reporting to the VP Member Platform Development, the Software Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for testing the functionality and usability of new or existing software and assessing software quality through manual testing. This position will work closely with developers, providing feedback to produce top-quality programs that meet stakeholder expectations.
WIIFY (what’s in it for you):
- Competitive Salary
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture that continues to evolve
- Flexible work arrangement options
- Strong benefit package
- 7% Superannuation matched contribution program
- Attractive variable incentive program
- Wellness Days to create appropriate work/life balance
- Paid Education opportunities to ensure our members have the most equipped staff to help them
- A purpose-driven organization that focuses on the values of Accountability, Integrity and Respect
- And lots more reasons to love where you work and what you do!
What our team is looking for:
- A growth mindset that emulates Model, Coach and Care behaviours in every activity and approach
- A solution mindset that feeds inertia
- An ambassador willing to promote our team inside and outside the organization.
- Somebody who is digitally capable and wants to dig into new technology with enthusiasm!
- Somebody who can work with occasional ambiguity with a focus on process evolution.
- A mindset of Solve, Serve, Sell – a problem solver, serving our members directly or indirectly, and selling our brand!
- Somebody to sweat the small stuff, but also see the big picture.
- Personality and Energy – a flair for polish, and you bring your personal, creative touch to everything you do!
What will you do?
- Review, analyze and understand the system specifications.
- Design and create test plans, scenarios, scripts and procedures.
- Execute manual and/or automated tests on the software application.
- Perform testing on web and mobile devices.
- Analyze test results, identify bugs and glitches, and report them to development teams.
- Ensure offerings are entirely functional and provide quality assurance for software products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout testing and bug-fixing processes.
- Establish and implement rigorous reporting and automated monitoring systems.
- Implement feedback and changes whenever possible.
Some things that would impress us:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in quality assurance, software testing and troubleshooting; previous experience in financial services would be considered an asset
- Previous experience in core banking system, online and mobile banking applications is an asset
- Experience or working knowledge of project management and QA methodology
- Familiarity with both Waterfall and Agile frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills working with software development teams
Click the ‘Apply now’ button!
Innovation Federal Credit Union acknowledges that Indigenous peoples are the traditional guardians of this land that we call Canada. In Saskatchewan we are on treaty lands and these treaties serve to govern our relationships with Indigenous people. We are dedicated to ensuring that the spirit of Reconciliation and treaties are honoured and respected.