Financial Services Advisor | Lashburn, Macklin, Maidstone, St. Walburg
The Synergy Experience – what is it exactly? Just ask our employees. Their dedication to our customers (members) and each other has created an incredible place to work. We’re local, we offer personalized and competitive products & services. We are proud to be a part of a local and community focus and are seeking a Financial Services Advisor to help us continue our rich tradition of serving our community – since 1943!
What does a Financial Services Advisor do?
As a Financial Services Advisor (FSA), you work in a retail banking environment where you have a meaningful impact on the financial wellness of members. You connect with existing and prospective members, understand their financial and personal goals, provide informative and personalized advice, and recommend the right products and solutions to achieve their goals and enable their financial success.
Our ideal candidate is a relationship builder. You’re motivated, with strong problem-solving and organizational skills. You’ll be a part of a team of knowledgeable professionals who share a genuine commitment to working with and delivering exceptional service to our membership, including account and deposit products, investments, and consumer lending products and services with some potential for small business/ag loans.
If building relationships, problem solving, and meeting challenges interests you…this dynamic career is what you’re looking for!
You’re great at…
• Managing a portfolio of members, partnering with current and potential members to understand their goals and priorities,
• Advising on and delivering a variety of products and services to meet member needs,
• Engaging in outreach, marketing, and follow-up opportunities to proactively seek out new business and deepen existing relationships, and
• Promoting Synergy Credit Union within our communities, including engaging in business development activities, volunteerism, phone calls, emails, and participating in campaigns.
What you bring…
• Related post-secondary education (such as a Diploma or Degree in Business) and one to four years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
• Relationship and business development skills,
• Previous sales experience working with goals, strong closing/referral techniques, and pipeline development is desired,
• Mutual Fund Accreditation or successful completion of accreditation within 3 months of hire.
We encourage you to apply. We have two levels in this role. Placement within these levels is dependent on experience and education.
If the above describes you, we want to hear from you! Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by end of day on Tuesday, October 10, 2023.
There are four opportunities available in Rural Saskatchewan. Please reference the following competition numbers when applying for a specific location:
• Lashburn (Competition #237011)
• Macklin (Competition #237112)
• Maidstone (Competition #237213)
• St. Walburg (Competition #237214)
• Permanent, full-time. 37.5 hours weekly. Currently Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Flexibility to work outside regular hours is required for travel, events, and member meetings.
• Must have access to reliable transportation as the role may provide support to multiple branches.
What do we offer?
• Preferred rates on our products and services
• Benefits and Pension, from day one
• Competitive salary
• Investment in your professional development
• Community involvement
A little more about us…
At Synergy, our members are owners who profit when we do and who get a say in how we are run. We also live in the communities we serve. This matters to us. We invest locally by offering sponsorships, donations, and scholarships, and through volunteerism. We connect with groups looking to improve overall financial literacy by providing presentations and tailoring them for educational opportunities – for families, schools, youth groups – you name it. We are proud to serve more than 29,000 members and have reached over $2.5 billion in assets.
We were named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for the 5th consecutive year. This reflects our workplace culture and commitment to building relationships beyond banking with our members, and our team.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a bonding process that includes a criminal record check and credit check.
Synergy Credit Union aspires to have a workforce that is representative of the diversity of our country and encourages applications from everyone.
Find out more about us! https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergyCreditUnion