SASCU is an increasingly digital organization, and we invite you to apply your technical competencies and analyst skills to this position as a next step in your career!
We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support and professionalism, not to mention, fun! Add in competitive salary and benefit packages, along with perks such as an employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As the Business Analyst, Digitization, you will provide collaborative service to internal business units to maximize the use of technology within SASCU as it relates to process automation and digitization. Working and partnering on cross functional projects, procedures, and initiatives, the Business Analyst, Digitization will support projects, perform analysis to determine current and future business requirements, and identify opportunities to contribute to an overall superior member and employee experience. Using digital tools, the role will consistently apply teamwork and leverage technology to solve business challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze business and user needs and document requirements. Assist in formulating and defining systems scope and objectives. Advise on business implications of the application of digitization to the current business environment.
- Translate organization requirements into functional documentation and participate in technical designs and testing.
- Collaborate and liaise with internal stakeholders and external consultants/vendors to achieve digital initiatives and project objectives.
- Collect documentation and maintain functional requirements and modeling.
- Partner with business units to initiate the problem-solving process by using root cause analysis and other problem-solving techniques, and by proactively developing alternatives or potential solutions.
- Identify potential change management impacts of digitized processes to ensure effective implementation.
- With support from external partners as necessary, design, prototype, code, and test new or enhanced applications, including Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions. This includes the creation of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts.
- Analyze current procedures and workflows and develop recommendations for automation revising existing system pain points as necessary.
- Update, report, and communicate initiatives and project progress on a regular and timely basis to appropriate stakeholders.
- May assist in the gathering of requirements for systems and software. Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of automated operations and troubleshoot problems as necessary.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in an analyst role.
- Business Process Design Certification in LaserFiche.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project management lifecycle.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry.
- Ability to obtain Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) designation.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have the ability to convey complex information so that it is understood by a broad range of stakeholders.
- Are able to multitask, and can work on multiple projects at a given time.
- Are comfortable interacting with business stakeholders and external vendors.
- Possess the ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check. Employment offers will be conditional on the candidate providing satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject only to valid legal or medical exceptions, and complying with all pandemic/epidemic control measures affecting the workplace.