Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation
Who we are:
Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (the Corporation) is the deposit guarantor for Saskatchewan credit unions and the primary regulator for Saskatchewan credit unions and SaskCentral, together, Provincially Regulated Financial Institutions (PRFIs). We work closely with these institutions to ensure they employ sound business practices to enhance the strength and stability of the Saskatchewan credit union system.
We are seeking a confident, highly motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our Regulatory Oversight division. Regulatory Oversight is responsible for regulatory policy and prevention initiatives, oversight of the deposit guarantee fund, and monitoring the performance and practices of PRFIs. Our employees benefit from gaining experience and exposure to a wide variety of aspects within the financial services industry.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Manager, you will join a team of professionals that collaborate with internal and external system partners in support of the Corporation’s mandate to instill confidence in the Saskatchewan credit union system. You will:
- monitor the performance of PRFIs to proactively identify risk and communicate actions required to mitigate risk to depositor funds and the guarantee fund
- build, manage, and maintain effective strategic relationships to accomplish corporate objectives, with a primary focus on monitoring activities and effective PRFI self-regulation
- review and approve regulatory requests from PRFIs to ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- research, develop, and implement regulatory policy to ensure an effective and responsible framework for the regulations of PRFIs
- participate in the development and implementation of the Corporation’s preventive strategy to enhance the stability of the Saskatchewan credit union system
- conduct ongoing research and analysis of the financial services industry, Saskatchewan credit union system, and the regulatory and economic environment
What you’ll need:
- three to five years of experience in a related field, preferably with exposure to financial services or a regulatory environment
- experience in the oversight of financial institutions, either internally through an institution’s oversight function (e.g., audit, compliance, risk, etc.) or externally through a regulatory body, would be considered an asset
- undergraduate degree in commerce or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- proven knowledge of policy development, governance, risk management, and financial analysis and reporting; strong research, communication, and writing skills are required
Core competencies focus on decision making, problem solving, teamwork, communication, relationship management, and conflict resolution.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits including immediate coverage of health and dental insurance, matched pension contributions, an employee wellness program, maternity/parental benefits, and education, training, and development opportunities. For more information on the Corporation, please visit our website www.cudgc.sk.ca.
The Corporation values and supports workplace diversity. We believe diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives make our organization stronger.
Ready to Apply?
The position will be open until filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume stating competition number RO-ASMGR by to HR@cudgc.sk.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.