First Nations Bank of Canada is a federally chartered bank primarily focused on providing financial services to the Indigenous marketplace in Canada. Over 87% Indigenous owned and controlled, FNBC is a leader in advocating for the growth of the Indigenous economy and the economic well-being of Indigenous people. Headquartered in Saskatoon, SK and named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, FNBC takes pride in its workforce of over 64% Indigenous employees working at locations across Canada.
FNB Trust is FNBC’s wholly owned trust company providing Indigenous Trust Services to Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. FNB Trust strengthens the capacity of its customers, in alignment with FNBC’s mission toward the long-term economic well-being of Indigenous Peoples.
Candidates from all Canadian regions will be considered, with preference given to those able to work out of either Saskatoon, Vancouver or Winnipeg offices. Saskatoon and Vancouver are both located on First Nation lands.
About The Role
The Trust Officer will be accountable for delivering high quality, ethical trust client services to existing and prospective trust clients.
As a Trust Officer, you are a trusted and experienced client services manager. You are responsible for supporting trust client service goals by profitably delivering a best-in-class client experience that reflects the clients’ needs and expectations while complying with policies and procedures. You are also directly involved with the pursuit of new business opportunities within FNB Trust.
You are client-centric and entrepreneurial, with a strong sense of proactivity and effective at building and maintaining deep relationships with clients as well as internal and external partners. You are a proven, highly skilled professional with experience in Trust client services of varying complexity, and within the scope of your role you will need to prepare for and attend client trust meetings in accordance with the terms and conditions of client trust agreements.
Through an intimate understanding of clients’ goals, needs and circumstances, you are responsible for engaging FNB Trust’s team of experts as needed, to deliver on our high quality, ethical client service standards.
You must have:
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration and at least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Effective at building and maintaining client and team collaboration
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and negotiation skills and professionalism
- Deep understanding of the Indigenous trust services and administration landscape and a demonstrated ability to work in an environment that demands tact, objectivity and sensitivity
- Strong change management skills and ability to adopt technology and reporting platform changes to support operational improvements, sales management process improvements etc.
- Proven ability to execute against financial targets and profitability measures
- Strong change management skills and the ability to adopt technology and reporting platform changes to support operational improvements, sales management process improvements, etc.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proven success in Indigenous client relationship management
- Travel may be required; possess a Class 5 Driver’s License
- Acceptable criminal record and credit checks
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and value and respect diversity of our staff.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including group benefits, savings plan, professional development, and opportunities for career growth. If you are interested in either of these opportunities, meet the qualifications, and are eligible to work in Canada, please visit our website at www.fnbc.ca or send your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.