This is a great opportunity to lead a growing and enthusiastic team!
Create your future at SASCU. We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive salary, and perks such as our employee incentive plan, reduced banking fees, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Branch Manager, Insurance you will provide leadership to the Insurance team, including Autoplan, Personal Lines, and Commercial Lines employees, leading them to achieve objectives, ensure operational efficiency, and deliver excellent service to customers. The Branch Manager, Insurance achieves customer and employee engagement targets. This position also provides service to customers to fulfill their insurance needs as required and manages a small book of customers, with particular focus on personal accounts.
The successful candidate will be accountable to:
- Manage the overall operation of the insurance branch. and supervise the day-to-day activities of Insurance team, including ICBC, Personal Lines and Commercial Lines employees.
- Schedule staff and assignment of work, maintains accurate records for time and attendance, and manage time off requests and scheduling conflicts.
- Take ownership of customer concerns and resolve or support staff in correcting complex and/or difficult service situations.
- Obtain new business through acquisition of new customers or selling enhancements to existing customer coverages; ensure existing business is maintained.
- In conjunction with the Director, Wealth and Insurance, initiate and execute marketing activities to build the insurance subsidiary portfolio and achieve growth targets.
- Coach direct reports on branch objectives/ goals and ensure teamwork to achieve the desired results.
- Build and support relationships with internal partners (such as Wealth, Commercial, Retail) to achieve business goals and support the growth strategy.
- In conjunction with the Director, Wealth and Insurance, establish positive and productive relationships with external stakeholders in the insurance industry, across trade associations, in government and regulatory bodies and within the broader community to ensure successful operations of agency.
- Ensure strong and open channels of communication and collaboration within the subsidiary and across SASCU departments.
- Is responsible for staffing (hiring and promotions) for the insurance branch and makes recommendations to the Director, Wealth and Insurance on performance improvement actions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Two years post-secondary education, plus 5 years’ insurance experience, including 2 years at a management level (providing staff supervision and overseeing the operations of an insurance branch). An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Level 3 General Insurance Agent’s License, and a minimum of a CAIB, CIP, or FIC designation.
- Eligibility to act as Nominee.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of all lines of insurance products, wordings, exclusions, errors & omissions, and be familiar with risk management techniques.
- Manages complexity, multiple tasks, and priorities for maximum personal and organizational success.
- Acts decisively and displays confidence in decision making, suggesting solutions consistent with credit union values, goals, and strategic direction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership ability, including the ability to coach and develop others.
- The ability to foster an atmosphere of trust and camaraderie.
- Time management skills, including ability to effectively prioritize and delegate.
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-development.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. Flexibility is expected and may include working Saturday’s as needed for the division. It an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. Learn more at sascu.com
A note on COVID-19:
Additional safety precautions have been put in place to protect SASCU staff and the public. More details can be found here: sascu.com/covid-19-response. Further information will be provided later in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.