Apply By September 27
Annual Salary: $53,248 – $73,216
Innovation Federal Credit Union has a bold ambition. In addition to being Canada’s newest Federal Credit Union, we will be the most digital, member-centric organization in our industry. We are on a journey to embrace the core tenets of the digital business model, like ideation, the network effect, personalized segmentation, coopetition, and agile ways of working.
We come to work to simplify banking for all Canadians – that’s our purpose.
How does this position help fulfill Innovation’s purpose? Glad you asked!
Reporting to the Manager, Compliance, the Compliance Specialist will support the management of Financial Consumer Protection Framework Requirements across the enterprise through the use of self-assessment tools, conducting monitoring and testing activities, and integrating results into the regulatory compliance management program for risk assessment. This individual will conduct due diligence reviews and monitoring and testing activities of outsourcing and third-party arrangements including Fintech partnerships for compliance and regulatory requirements.
WIIFY (what’s in it for you):
- Competitive Salary
- Diverse and Inclusive Culture that continues to evolve
- Flexible work arrangement options
- Strong benefit package
- 7% Superannuation matched contribution program
- Attractive variable incentive program
- Wellness Days to create appropriate work/life balance
- Paid Education opportunities to ensure our members have the most equipped staff to help them
- A purpose-driven organization that focuses on the values of Accountability, Integrity and Respect
- And lots more reasons to love where you work and what you do!
What our team is looking for:
- A growth mindset that emulates Model, Coach and Care behaviours in every activity and approach
- A solution mindset that feeds inertia
- An ambassador willing to promote our team inside and outside the organization.
- Somebody who is digitally capable and wants to dig into new technology with enthusiasm!
- Somebody who can work with occasional ambiguity with a focus on process evolution.
- A mindset of Solve, Serve, Sell – a problem solver, serving our members directly or indirectly, and selling our brand!
- Somebody to sweat the small stuff, but also see the big picture.
- Personality and Energy – a flair for polish, and you bring your personal, creative touch to everything you do!
What will you do?
- Assist in maturing the financial consumer protection framework requirements across the enterprise through the use of self-assessment tools, conducting monitoring and testing activities and integrating results into the regulatory compliance management program for risk assessment
- Assist with conducting oversight and drafting reporting (internal and regulatory) associated with complaint handling obligations
- Conduct due diligence reviews and monitoring and testing activities of outsourcing and third-party arrangements as well as Fintech partnerships for compliance with regulatory requirements including OSFI B-10 (Outsourcing of Business Activities, Functions and Processes), Bank Act and FCAC consumer provision obligations
- Contribute to internal, public and regulatory reporting
- Provide guidance and support to others on compliance matters
- Support the development, review and maintenance of compliance policies, practices, and procedures
- May be required to perform activities in support of the AML/ATF Compliance Program which may include AML or fraud alert investigations, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews, assist with regulatory examinations, amongst other activities
Some things that would impress us:
- Completion of a post-secondary program or a combination of industry related education and equivalent experience. Experience within a federally regulated institution is an asset.
- Three years of experience in regulatory compliance management with focus on Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) and Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) requirements, risk assessments and compliance testing or a related role. Experience with Resolver or a similar compliance software tool is an asset.
- Working knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation and regulations (federal and provincial)
- Effective use of interpersonal and communication skills to connect with groups across the organization and build/manage stakeholder relationships
- Organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through
Click the ‘Apply now’ button!
Innovation Federal Credit Union acknowledges that Indigenous peoples are the traditional guardians of this land that we call Canada. In Saskatchewan we are on treaty lands and these treaties serve to govern our relationships with Indigenous people. We are dedicated to ensuring that the spirit of Reconciliation and treaties are honoured and respected.