We invite you to lead a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the communities we serve in the Shuswap region. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism, not to mention fun!
As the Manager, Commercial Centre, you will drive the success of the Commercial Centre by leading and managing all aspects of commercial operations. This includes developing and implementing effective business strategies, managing client relationships, and leading a team to desired results.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the commercial team, including oversight of priorities and team workload, payroll, and scheduling.
- Develop training plans for the commercial team in conjunction with the Training Department, and provide and/or coordinate commercial team training.
- Coach and develop the commercial team to meet or exceed individual and team sales targets.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of business members with lending needs, delivering timely and relevant financial advice and solutions based on their needs.
- Build relationships with internal partners, and keep informed regarding local market activities and SASCU’s competitive position.
- With oversight from the Director, Banking, develop business strategies for the Commercial Centre and effectively implement them within the team.
- Lead direct reports through the annual performance management process using goal setting, interim reviews, feedback, and year-end reviews to improve results;
- Effectively lead employees through change with particular emphasis on change tools, processes, and collaboration with Human Resources as necessary;
What you’ll bring:
- Eight to ten years of financial services experience, including at least five years of commercial lending experience.
- Accredited Business Lender credential, or an equivalent credential or designation.
- A degree or diploma in Business Administration is preferred.
- Leadership experience is preferred.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Demonstrate a results orientation in delivering advice and a memorable customer experience.
- Possess an aptitude for business development and relationship building.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Are comfortable with technology and able to learn new systems and programs quickly.
- Show a commitment to continuous learning, accountability, and initiative.
We invest in our employees by offering:
- A competitive base salary ($90,000 – $113,000 per year) plus performance-based incentive pay, and a pension plan with SASCU matching all funds.
- Comprehensive group benefits coverage including extended health and dental care, travel insurance, and life insurance, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Flexible spending account for additional health and personal wellness activities and expenses.
- Flexible work arrangements and paid time off including vacation, medical/care time, personal days, and paid community volunteering.
- Opportunities for career growth, financial assistance for training and development, and rewards and recognition.
- Additional benefits including waived or reduced banking fees and reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages.
This position is full-time, Monday to Friday. It is an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
SASCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting Diversity and Inclusion. We recruit and select applicants for employment solely based on their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. We support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences, ideas, and perspectives.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and $1 billion in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments and serves more than 5,000 insurance customers. Learn more at www.sascu.com
The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check.