This is a great opportunity to join an established and well-respected wealth management team!
We invite you to be part of a team where you can feel good about the work you do and the positive impact you will have in the Shuswap community. We believe in fostering a work environment that is the perfect blend of friendliness, support, and professionalism (not to mention fun)! Add in a competitive compensation plan, and perks such as reduced banking fees, comprehensive benefits, and spectacular natural scenery, and you’ll see why SASCU is an award-winning employer.
As a Financial Planner, you will deliver professional financial advice, primarily in the form of investment, retirement, and estate planning, to SASCU members and clients. The Financial Planner enacts the SASCU Member Experience by identifying member needs, building sound financial plans, and partnering to actively promote the growth of all SASCU products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain a book of business by sourcing new business, building relationships with other SASCU business lines, and developing existing member and community relationships.
- Prepare and present financial strategies appropriate for the achievement of clients’ specific goals and objectives.
- Provide comprehensive investment, insurance, and financial advice to educate the client and enable them to make sound financial choices.
- Sell investment, insured investment, and life insurance products.
- Build high-trust member relationships by consistently following through on commitments, being proactive with client contact efforts, and providing value-added financial advice that enables the client to improve their financial position over time.
- Partner with credit union peers through referral or joint client meetings to consolidate business held elsewhere and provide the right product at the right time.
- Support branch initiatives to build membership base, attract new business, and have a positive impact on the community.
- Understand and apply all internal and regulatory policy, procedures, and controls to meet compliance requirements and mitigate risk.
What you’ll bring:
- Completed post-secondary education.
- At least 5 years of financial industry experience in a fast-paced professional sales role.
- CFP, IFIC, and LLQP qualifications (or equivalents). Additional industry designations or specializations are an asset.
- Professional level knowledge of Canadian investment, insurance, and financial planning products, strategies, and concepts.
You’re perfect for this role if you have:
- A proven record of achieving and exceeding sales objectives.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday position. It an excellent opportunity for a community-minded individual to further their career within a successful and growing organization. If this sounds like you, let us know! To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé to us at email@example.com.
A bit about SASCU:
SASCU Financial Group offers a broad range of personal and business financial services through SASCU Credit Union and its three lines of business: SASCU Insurance, SASCU Wealth, and Commercial banking. SASCU Credit Union branches are in Sicamous and Sorrento, plus two in Salmon Arm. Established in 1946, SASCU has more than 19,000 members, 150 staff, and over $900 million in assets. In addition, SASCU stewards $235 million in client investments. Learn more at www.sascu.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to meet fidelity bonding requirements, including completion of references, a criminal record check, and credit check. Employment offers will be conditional on the candidate providing satisfactory proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject only to valid legal or medical exceptions, and complying with all pandemic/epidemic control measures affecting the workplace.