Manager, Client Experience – Private Wealth Group
Coastal Community Credit Union – Private Wealth Group
Nanaimo and surrounding Vancouver Island Communities – Hybrid
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Together, Let’s Do Great Things!
We’re the largest financial institution based on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands, and we’ve got an opportunity for you. We are seeking a Manager, Client Experience – Private Wealth Group to oversee the administrative support function of our Private Wealth Group Department and provide regional leadership to the team of Client Relations Assistants. If you are a dynamic individual who has a passion for client experience and coaching, but also has a knack for detailed work, we want to hear from you!
What’s the role?
As Manager, Client Experience – Private Wealth Group you are responsible to provide leadership, direction, and coaching to Client Relations Assistant Team and oversee the administrative support function for the Private Wealth Group department. This position also leads and oversees the monitoring of auditing and compliance of licensing requirements of the greater PWG advisory team while providing guidance, mentorship and support in the processing of complex client files. The Manager, Client Experience – Private Wealth Group is responsible to manage and direct the department functions within established policies and procedures and is accountable for growth by developing a strong team to support services ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness. This role also plays a pivotal role in the oversight, coordination and support of PWG marketing and sponsored community events. As a key member of the Private Wealth Group Management team, you will have a responsibility to the goals of the department through effective expense processing and administration.
This role is based in Central Vancouver Island with travel required to all Coastal Community locations and offers flexibility for a hybrid remote/office work environment.
What are we looking for?
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in a related discipline (e.g. Commerce and Business Administration) requiring 3 – 4 years of full-time study or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience as an Investment Advisor or equivalent role.
- Hold an IIROC license as a Registered Representative in the Province of BC.
- Hold a Life, Disability and Health Insurance license in the Province of BC required within 12 months of commencement of the position
- Minimum (8) years progressive financial industry experience considered an asset
Ideally, you are a flexible, collaborative team player with:
- Proven knowledge of wealth management policies, procedures, practices and general branch operations.
- A comprehensive understanding of the investment platform.
- Solid understanding of the competitive environment in the financial marketplace, and local communities within the region.
- Previous experience leading a team considered an asset
If you’re an approachable problem solver who embraces self-development and life-long learning, you’ll be a great fit with us.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including MSP, dental, and extended healthcare
- Employer paid RRSP benefit
- Ongoing support for education and career development
Who are we?
Since first forming in 1946, Coastal Community has grown to become the largest financial services provider based on Vancouver Island. We’re proud of the legacy we’ve built and the things that make us who we are:
- We’re 100% member-owned, with all decisions made locally—right here on Vancouver Island.
- We’re a growing organization with over $4 billion in assets under management. Coastal Community helps improve the financial health of over 100,000 members and clients through our 24 branches, 16 insurance offices, 4 business centres, plus our wide range of online and digital services.
- We believe in making meaningful contributions to the communities we call home. Each year, we give over half a million to community organizations and programs.
If you join us you’ll work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. We offer a generous compensation package and a great work/life balance because we want you to spend your career here. Many people do!