We’re hiring full-time temporary Accounting Administrator!
Do you have a passion for helping people and an eye for the details? We are looking for a diligent, full-time Accounting Administrator to fill a temporary 18 month position within our Finance Team.
The Accounting Administrator is a key position responsible for a wide variety of accounting and administrative functions within our finance department.
Individuals should be organized, accurate and conscientious; have exposure to financial institution products and service; possess knowledge of common accounting practices. In addition, the individual should provide exceptional internal service, demonstrate very good communication skills both verbal and written, and have the ability to handle a variety of responsibility areas.
- GL reconciliation; registered plans, deposit agents and suspense accounts
- Administration and compliance reporting; Registered plans and deposit agents
- Accept wires; Accepting and compliance reporting
- Communication; Communication between finance and the Credit Union
- Administrative support for branch operations; Outages, clearing, and following up with members when needed
Skills and Attributes
- Excel; Strong proficiency
- Strong communication skills; Strength in overall verbal and written communication
- Diligence; Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability; Learning and working within various systems and technologies
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills; Knowledgeable about accounting fundamentals
Experience & Education
- Preferred minimum 1-year experience in accounting
- Working knowledge of RRSP’s and RESP’s
- Accounting or bookkeeping courses are an asset
Qualified applicants should identify how their skills and experience match our requirements. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Aldergrove Credit Union is a financial service cooperative located in the heart of the Fraser Valley. We proudly offer personal and commercial banking, insurance and financial planning solutions to our members and clients in the communities of Langley, Aldergrove, Abbotsford and Mission. Our Credit Union has approximately 120 staff serving 17,500 members and operates six branches, three insurance offices, and three financial planning offices. The strength of our Credit Union is a direct reflection of our commitment to our people, service to members, and growing our communities. For more information, visit www.aldergrovecu.ca.