First Nations Bank of Canada is a federally chartered bank primarily focused on providing financial services to the Indigenous marketplace in Canada. Over 87% Indigenous owned and controlled, FNBC is a leader in advocating for the growth of the Indigenous economy and the economic well-being of Indigenous people. Headquartered in Saskatoon, SK and named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, FNBC takes pride in its workforce of over 64% Indigenous employees working at locations across Canada.
FNB Trust is FNBC’s wholly owned trust company providing Indigenous Trust Services to Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. FNB Trust strengthens the capacity of its customers, in alignment with FNBC’s mission toward the long-term economic well-being of Indigenous Peoples.
About The Role
Reporting to the Trust Officer, the Accounting Technician provides a high level of support and contributes to a comprehensive, efficient and accurate reporting process meeting both internal and external stakeholder requirements. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. Candidates from all Canadian regions will be considered, with preference given to those able to work out of either Saskatoon, Vancouver or Winnipeg offices. Saskatoon and Vancouver are both located on First Nation lands.
This position prepares accruals, bank reconciliations, maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts, posts journal entries, prepares other statistical, financial and activity reports and supports the accounts payable function.
You are a driven and detail-oriented individual who is client-focused and efficient. You have a keen eye for detail and possess strong organizational skills. You are responsible for supporting trust client service goals by providing accounting, payables and reporting services.
You must have:
- Two (2) years’ experience in bookkeeping and accounts payable role
- A college diploma in accounting/finance or undergraduate degree is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay close attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities to meet deadlines
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks Online is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Travel may be required; possess a Class 5 driver’s license
- Acceptable criminal record and credit checks
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and value and respect diversity of our staff.
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive total rewards package, including group benefits, savings plan, professional development, and opportunities for career growth. If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the qualifications, and are eligible to work in Canada, please visit our website at www.fnbc.ca or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.