First Nations Bank of Canada is a federally chartered bank primarily focused on providing financial services to the Indigenous marketplace in Canada. Over 87% Indigenous owned and controlled, FNBC is a leader in advocating for the growth of the Indigenous economy and the economic well-being of
Indigenous people. Headquartered in Saskatoon, SK and named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, FNBC takes pride in its workforce of over 64% Indigenous employees working at locations across Canada.
FNB Trust is FNBC’s wholly owned trust company providing Indigenous Trust Services to Indigenous governments and organizations across Canada. FNB Trust strengthens the capacity of its customers, in alignment with FNBC’s mission toward the long-term economic well-being of Indigenous Peoples.
About The Role
A core member of the finance team, the Accounting Technician provides a high level of support and contributes to a comprehensive, efficient, and accurate reporting process meeting both internal and external stakeholder requirements. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. Candidates from all Canadian regions will be considered, with preference given to those able to work out of Saskatoon office.
This position will be responsible for preparing financial statements for our clients. It would require knowledge of full-cycle accounting, including investment accounting and reconciliation, accruals, bank reconciliations, audit support, and other financial and management reports.
You are a driven and detail-oriented individual who is client-focused and efficient. You have a keen eye for detail and possess strong organizational skills. You are responsible for supporting trust client service goals by producing financial statements for our clients
You must have:
- Two (2) years’ experience in bookkeeping and preparation of financial statements
- A college diploma in accounting/finance or undergraduate degree is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay close attention to detail
- High level of organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily workload
- Ability to adjust to changing work priorities to meet deadlines
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks Online is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Acceptable criminal record and credit checks
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace and value and respect diversity of our staff.
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive total rewards package, including group benefits, savings plan, professional development, and opportunities for career growth. If you are interested in this opportunity, meet the qualifications, and are eligible to work in Canada, please visit our website at www.fnbc.ca or send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.