We are a thriving credit union, known for extraordinary customer service that has deep roots in the community. The company serves its individual, organizational and business-based members with high integrity, sound stewardship and competitiveness. The Assistant Controller provides leadership and day-to day direction to the accounting and financial reporting team and works closely with the Controller.
As a key member of the Finance team, assists the Controller in managing the financial accounting cycle for the credit union including preparing monthly and annual financial statements and business analysis and reports for review by Management and for filing with regulatory agencies.
The Assistant Controller will:
- manage and monitor the day-to-day accounting function including the overall accounts payable and general ledger accounts;
- oversee the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package, including the variance analysis for review by the Controller;
- lead, coach and manage the accounting team;
- be a change champion and lead the team in supporting strategic priorities of the credit union;
- monitor the accounting systems and procedures, identify shortcomings and introduce new or improved processes; and
- Lead and/ or assist with automation projects including the implementation of the new financial system platform.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- completion of a post-secondary degree with a concentration in Finance and/or Commerce;
- completion or enrolled in a professional accounting program (i.e. CPA);
- 5+ years of corporate experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with at least 1 year of leadership/ management experience; and
- strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What we offer:
- Our Organization- a growth mandate; stability and profitable; $990M+ in assets; located in Toronto; and Membership owned.
- The Role- leadership in the financial function of the credit union; management of people and systems; and opportunity to contribute to developing a “Best in class” finance function.
- The People and Team- reports to an experienced Controller; small dynamic professional team; advancement opportunity; and growth oriented.
Ukrainian Credit Union Limited has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know as this ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Andrew Rozanec, Human Resources Manager, Ukrainian Credit Union Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org