oin passionate people. Elevate your potential.
For over 75 years, Prospera Credit Union has been a successful financial institution because of an unwavering focus on meeting the needs of our members, providing fulfilling careers for employees, and giving back to the communities we serve. Westminster Savings and Prospera Credit Union officially merged, January 1st, 2020. We continue to be a purpose driven organization involved in our communities and a true financial partner to our local business members.
Looking for the next step in your career? Look no further. We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager supports the Branch Manager in overseeing, developing, and empowering a proactive sales and service workforce that engages customers. The Assistant Manager also participates in special projects, committees, implementation teams and other related assignments as required for operational, cross-divisional, or corporate initiatives.
If you are ready to make a difference as a leader, apply today!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the staffing requirements for the branch—hiring, onboarding, training, supervising, measuring performance, coaching, and disciplining.
- Participate in and represent the branch at consumer banking leadership meetings.
- Proactively manage branch performance by monitoring and analyzing operational reports and information from CRM, Insight, mystery shops, etc.; by facilitating regular and meaningful coaching sessions; and by assisting with the creation and implementation of personal development plans.
- Proactively seek customer feedback, initiate and participate in customer consultation and monitoring activities.
- Collaborate with employees in identifying opportunities to enhance or correct service delivery; establishing targets or standards; and developing and implementing action plans.
- Review new loan applications and supporting documents, ensure credit-granting quality, and approve mortgages, HELOCs, loans, lines of credit and overdrafts within lending limits.
- Provide input towards budgeting and strategic planning discussions.
- Act as security and safety officer for the branch, communicate emergency procedures, ensure team’s completion of annual security and safety, anti-money laundering, and respectful workplace training and assessment, and monitor adherence to protocols.
- Generate sales leads and develop new customer relationships through sales calls, personal contacts, networking, community events and other activities.
- Refer customers to other experts and external business partners as needed, collaborate to ensure a seamless and rewarding customer experience.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years’ progressive, customer-facing experience within a financial institution, which includes 1 year in a supervisory role or as part of a management associate program
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with a diverse and varied audience i.e. both internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills including coaching, supervising, training, decision-making and judgement
- Proven business development, sales, service, and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detailed knowledge of deposit, personal lending, mortgage, and wealth management products
- Working knowledge of various computer programs, including Microsoft Office, banking and customer relationship management systems
- Willingness to engage in a flexible schedule (e.g. some evenings and weekends outside of branch hours)
What’s in it for you?
Inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace: All team members are valued, respected, and heard. We learn from each other’s differences, gaining strength through our people and our perspectives.
Career Advancement! We are committed to our employee’s growth and development and we want to see you soar.
Fun & Camaraderie. We care deeply about our members and our employees and we want the hours you spend with us to be fun, rewarding and sometimes lighthearted. We like to work hard, play hard, have fun and be there for each other.
Show me the money! We offer competitive pay, a personalized benefits program, and a generous defined contribution pension plan.
Community Focused. We care about giving back to the communities we live, work and play in. We participate in many community minded activities throughout the year.
Great Place to Work. We are committed to employee engagement and have achieved the Great Place to Work certification 3 years in a row.