We invest in people.
Be part of a banking experience as unique as you are. Tandia Financial Credit Union (Tandia) is seeking a talented and experienced commercial sales professional to join our Commercial Services team.
You will be based at our beautiful new corporate office in Burlington, Ontario – while working remotely on a temporary basis due to the present circumstances of the pandemic.
Your Work at a Glance
Do you have experiencing growing the size and profitability of a commercial lending portfolio while working in a major financial institution?
This might be the role for you.
As a key member of our Commercial Services team, you will utilize your sales and lead generation experience to build relationships with current and new Credit Union members within the mid-market and up-market business space.
As a Commercial Account Manager you will be able to combine your professional relationship management experience with delivering value add solutions to sophisticated business members, while exercising your sales and origination skills, drawing on your experience in financial analysis and using your understanding of credit and credit products.
You will have the opportunity to apply your natural inclination towards sales, your ability to solve intricate business challenges, your credit writing skills and your demonstrated ability to develop solutions-based strategies to win new commercial business. an
In collaboration and coordination with the VP Commercial Services, you will develop a customized market management strategy to support commercial portfolio growth, while working with Tandia wealth, retail and payment solutions teams, and our external and syndication partners.
Although remote work is anticipated with this position in the short-term, travel in the region is expected as this is critical to success in relationship-building and providing exceptional service to our members and prospective new business.
Its also worth mentioning that we offer an industry leading variable pay / commission structure that is highly rewarding to someone driven to grow their book of business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial account management, ideally in a credit union or other financial institution.
- Has completed a University degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Commerce or a related program, or equivalent work experience.
- Has a proven track record in commercial sales and business development with a diversified portfolio; exposure to syndication deals is considered an asset.
- Is an expert at financial analysis, assessing risk and credit structuring as well as presentation of deals – preference will be given to those with a financial designation such as CFA / CPA.
- Can demonstrate their new member acquisition skills, is at ease when presenting the Credit Union’s value proposition, likes actively pursuing lead generation, and enjoys initial contact with members, cold calling and asking for referrals.
- Has proven through their previous commercial experience that they have exceptional relationship management skills.
- Is comfortable working full-time hours and with deadline and time constraints with an understanding that hours of work may extend beyond the normal work week.
- Is motivated by a variable pay / commission-style bonus structure and is comfortable with travel in and around the local area.
- Is aligned with Tandia’s vision and values and demonstrates a desire to be a contributing member of our team, support a positive work environment that promotes service and commitment to the credit union, quality, innovation, integrity, and respect.
As Unique as You
We believe that financial institutions should be more accountable to the people they serve; we believe that there’s more than one way to measure success; and we believe that our profits should have a positive financial, social and environmental impact on the communities in which we live and work. Actions speak louder than words and we work hard to demonstrate our commitment each and every day.
At Tandia, we recognize that our staff and members are unique – and that matters to us.
As a credit union, living the co-operative principles is a part of our long and rich history.
We invest in our members and our communities with an extensive community investment program devoted to supporting the organizations, events, and volunteers that make our communities stronger.
Tandia is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, equal opportunity and integration. Tandia is strongly committed to employment equity within its community and to recruiting a diverse workforce. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request by contacting Human Resources.