Do you… know what it takes to succeed in the competitive financial services market? Do you embrace change and thrive in an ever-evolving work environment? Are you a motivated self-starter with a proven track record of success in business development and relationship building? Do you have what it takes to improve our members’ financial lives?
If so… we’d like to hear from you!
We’re seeking a Commercial Account Manager to join our team. The incumbent is accountable for the overall management of a selected portfolio of commercial accounts. The Commercial Account Manager is responsible for soliciting, developing, and building long-term and profitable relationships with members to optimize the value of KSCU’s commercial portfolio while utilizing strong risk management techniques and providing sound financial advice to structure, negotiate and document complex credit and deposit arrangements for commercial members. This role provides support throughout both the East and West Kootenays.
A hybrid work option for this opportunity may be considered.
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum three years’ progressive experience in sales/service and managing a diverse portfolio in a commercial banking environment
- Two years post-secondary education in accounting, finance, commerce, or business administration
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of lending such as project financing, market/industry analysis, cash management, etc.
- Working knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace and the assigned market area’s key industries and competitive positioning
- Knowledge of segment, strategies, structure, as well as lending and deposit products and services
- Good analytical, relationship, interpersonal, communication, presentation, and team skills
- Good business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values
- Ability to work independently with confidence and strong commitment to member service
- Ability to interact at any level within the organization and in a business development capacity within the community
- Good credit and interviewing techniques, credit investigation and underwriting skills
- Ability to attend community events, work flexible hours, and travel as required
Why work for us?
We know that our dedicated employees give us a lot and are key to our success; in return, we offer a total rewards package that includes:
- Competitive salary of $75K – $89K based on skills and experience
- Competitive benefits including extended health, dental and vision coverage
- Health care & Personal spending account
- Paid vacation, sick time and floating holidays
- Confidential employee and family assistance program
- Continual training, development and coaching
- Unique staff benefits on products such as bank accounts, loans & mortgages
- The opportunity to build a satisfying career in an organization that incorporates many leading-strategic initiatives
- Being part of an organization that puts their community and employees first
- Being part of a talented and dedicated team who improve our members’ financial lives
KOOTENAY SAVINGS CREDIT UNION
We’re the region’s leading credit union with over $1 billion in assets, over 35,000 members and over 200 employees. Our Corporate Office is in Trail, BC along with our Member Service Centre and we have eleven branches throughout the Kootenays offering retail and commercial banking services. We’re community-minded and continue to strive to fulfill our vision to be the best provider of financial services and the best place to work in the communities we serve.
For more information about Kootenay Savings, please visit kscu.com.
For more information about the Kootenay regions, please visit imaginekootenay.com.
Please apply online through the careers section of our website at kscu.com to upload your resume and complete the application questions.
Closing date: January 21, 2024
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.