Become part of a dynamic and successful credit union located in the community of Summerland and nestled in the beautiful Okanagan Valley.
Under direction of the President & CEO, the Commercial Account Manager (CAM) is an integral part of the commercial lending team and provides management over a diversified portfolio of commercial member accounts and relationships. The CAM is expected to possess requisite expertise for all types of commercial lending activities.
The credit union has carved out a niche in commercial lending by providing exceptional turnaround times and responsiveness. This CAM position is expected to both contribute to and support growth and service excellence.
- Maintain and grow an assigned portfolio of commercial member relationships and loans by;
- Analyzing member needs, evaluating loan applications and ensuring that appropriate documentation is prepared and processed;
- Exhibiting strong business acumen with the ability to build a comprehensive financial package structured to meet the member’s needs;
- analyzing commercial financial statements, operating cycles of businesses, fluctuating profit levels, factors affecting cash flow, business plans, economic conditions and other commercial variables affecting loan viability;
- negotiating loan terms and interest rates relative to risk;
- granting commercial mortgages, operating lines of credit, overdrafts and business loans within the guidelines of the Investment and Lending Policy; presenting loans over lending limits to the President & CEO, Management Committee and/or Board Committees;
- monitoring commercial loans on an ongoing basis by conducting annual reviews.
- Evaluating risk in commercial loan portfolio and assigning risk ratings to all files;
- Conduct business development, networking and relationship building with members.
2. Initiate actions to improve growth and development of commercial loan portfolio by cross selling credit union products and services and pursuing new business by establishing and maintaining liaison with business contacts.
3. Maintains shared responsibility with the CEO for collection of delinquent accounts including legal action by analyzing loan status and initiating action to mitigate loss.
- Monitors all commercial lending activities to ensure adherence to established policies and procedures and to ensure the application of checks and balances including audit trails; regularly reviews the performance of the commercial lending portfolio by analyzing member needs, trends and competitors’ offerings.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Secondary school diploma
- Minimum one year post-secondary formal education
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience lending, primarily in commercial lending
- Business Administration Diploma in Accounting and continued professional development toward Accounting Designation.
- Maintain proficiency with developing systems, applications and productivity programs.
OR EQUIVALENT EDUCATION and/or WORK EXPERIENCE
- Advanced knowledge of Credit Union Commercial lending products and services
- Working knowledge of our basic products and services
- Working knowledge of the sales cycle process.
- Working knowledge of personal computer-based literacy skills, including keyboarding, Windows operating system, internet access and e-mail
- Working knowledge of productivity programs, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to establish, build and maintain ongoing member relationships through the application of relationship management skills
- Ability to communicate well in a service environment, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding and confident ability to deal with lending and deposit products, policies and procedures.